Review by niericko -- Toni the Superhero by R.D. Base

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
niericko
Currently Reading: Going Gone
Bookshelf Size: 288
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-niericko.html
Latest Review: Toni the Superhero by R.D. Base

Review by niericko -- Toni the Superhero by R.D. Base

Post by niericko » 03 May 2018, 02:58

[Following is a volunteer review of "Toni the Superhero" by R.D. Base.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Toni the Superhero written by R.D. Base, illustrated by Debbie Hefke .

Toni the superhero is a book dedicated to small kids. It revolves around Toni who somewhat looks like Superman but isn't Superman, throughout the book Toni performs some tasks that kids like to do. As I started reading the storybook, I got the feeling that it was indeed meant to educate the readers in this case kids.

As an adult the book was readable, and I found it engaging. It made me feel young and miss the old days with all the activities going on. I reminisced about so many things as it sparked the memories I held dear growing up.

No sooner had the book started than it ended. That's how quick and easy the book is to start and finish. A thirty paged tale of a superhero that explains to kids on things to do around the house. I bet the general idea was to get the young ones to help around the house. Using cartoons that they can relate to more easily. I felt deprived off a tale that was juicy and exciting but then I remembered it was dedicated to another lot, not me.

I loved how the author brings in the concept of superhero into explaining how crucial it is to help around the house, I can say the book is attractive from the use of color to the language and concept used. The author touches on a lot of things one of that being music it was relatable in all manner of ways. The subject was well researched and brought to light in the most skillful way that only a master can.

The bright colors and pictures used in the book brighten up my mood and lite up my world as I go through the story, then a silly thought flashes at the back of my mind. I thought of how easy it was to trick kids into doing things that they could have flatly refused to do.

Kids connect to too many things, and sometimes it's easier to convince them to do something using their favorite characters on television. I am convinced that this book provided a platform for the children to learn and adapt faster. I can also confidently say it's educative, as kids learn to be responsible. On that note, I cannot wait to be a parent. Thanks to this book I can think of ways to raise them; I may as well be the worst trickster while at it. Hey, before they know it they will be grown and a better version of me.

I would rate this rate this 4 out of 4, one because the book has no grammatical errors and two because as an adult I found it interesting enough to recommend it to parents and use it myself to explain things to children.

Toni the Superhero
View: on Bookshelves

Like niericko's review? Post a comment saying so!

Sarah Tariq
2018 Reading Goal: 25
2017 Reading Goal: 15
2018 Reading Goal Completion: 76
2017 Reading Goal Completion: 46
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 61
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sarah-tariq.html
Latest Review: Concealment by Rose Edmunds
Reading Device: PDF

Post by Sarah Tariq » 08 May 2018, 06:00

This Colorful book with amazing illustrations is very helpful tool for children to make them book lover and enhance their learning skills. Thanks for this nice review.
Make your ideals high enough to inspire you and low enough to encourage you.

niericko

Post by niericko » 10 May 2018, 23:37

Sarah Tariq wrote:
08 May 2018, 06:00
This Colorful book with amazing illustrations is very helpful tool for children to make them book lover and enhance their learning skills. Thanks for this nice review.
You are welcome Sarah :)

niericko

Post by niericko » 25 Aug 2018, 12:35

Sarah Tariq wrote:
08 May 2018, 06:00
Thank you so much, Sarah, for your feedback

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”