Review by Ericanielsen -- Toni the Superhero by R.D. Base

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Ericanielsen
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ericanielsen.html
Latest Review: Toni the Superhero by R.D. Base

Review by Ericanielsen -- Toni the Superhero by R.D. Base

Post by Ericanielsen » 03 May 2018, 00:05

[Following is a volunteer review of "Toni the Superhero" by R.D. Base.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

I read Toni the Superhero. It is written by RD Base and Illustrated by Debbie Hefke.

Toni the Superhero is an inspiring little book aimed towards young, avid readers. Toni is a little boy who is dressed like a superhero throughout the book. On every page, he shows he is a hero with a new act. This act can range from eating his dinner, to playing with his friends, and helping around the house.

I believe this book will help give small children confidence they need. They will realize that their small everyday acts make them a hero. They are a superhero no matter what. I think this is something very important to relay to young, molding minds.

I think it is very clear this book is indented to be a good message for children. It teaches them that good acts of behavior are heroic. In this sense, Toni is someone little children can look up to.

This was a very cute little story with great illustrations. Every page has a very colorful, detailed picture to help your child get a visual understanding of the story as you read to them. The pictures really help capture the essence of the story.

I read this book with my two year old daughter, Ivy. She was enthralled the whole time. She had a fun time going over every picture. Ivy would point at what was happening as I would read it to her. She was able to be engaged with the book as I read. Sometimes she gets bored of books, but she wasn’t while reading this one.

I would rate this title a 4 out of 4 stars. This story is incredible for children. Not only does it have a positive, uplifting message, by kids seem to enjoy the story. It’s one they get sucked into.

I noticed there will be more books with Toni coming soon. All of the books were titled something positive: Toni likes to Read, Toni loves Vegetables and Toni Saves the Day. I am looking forward to these titles. They will be fun to read with Ivy. I am sure that they will also carry a good, positive message for kids. I want to say it’s safe to assume the next books will be just as good.

I highly recommend this book and Author/Illustrator duo. It is a story that would be great to read to your older baby or toddler.

Toni the Superhero
View: on Bookshelves

Like Ericanielsen's review? Post a comment saying so!

Sarah Tariq
2018 Reading Goal: 25
2017 Reading Goal: 15
2018 Reading Goal Completion: 48
2017 Reading Goal Completion: 46
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 41
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sarah-tariq.html
Latest Review: Becoming the Dragon by Alex Sapegin
Reading Device: PDF

Post by Sarah Tariq » 08 May 2018, 05:55

Yes, it is very interesting and colorful book with a pos message. And is what the children need. Thanks for this nice review. I have also reviewed this book. You can check it out.
Make your ideals high enough to inspire you and low enough to encourage you.

gen_g
Currently Reading: 1984
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gen-g.html
Latest Review: A Patchwork of Pink by Bev Arnold

Post by gen_g » 20 May 2018, 02:08

I love great children's books! It is always heartwarming when a child enjoys both the story and illustrations.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”