Review by Sanyesto -- Toni the Superhero by R.D. Base

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Sanyesto
2018 Reading Goal: 100
2018 Reading Goal Completion: 13
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 76
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sanyesto.html
Latest Review: Boom! A Revolting Situation by Thomas Richard Harry

Review by Sanyesto -- Toni the Superhero by R.D. Base

Post by Sanyesto » 30 Apr 2018, 13:14

[Following is a volunteer review of "Toni the Superhero" by R.D. Base.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Toni The Superhero by R.D. Base is a children's book. It is a well organized illustrative book. The main character of the book is a young African-American boy called Toni. Toni is introduced into the book as a young superhero. He is dressed in superhero costumes. However, the writer has presented Toni in the most familiar and common way in which younger children can associate themselves with. He is able to do all the normal activities that parents would expect their children to be involved in.

These activities include but not limited to eating, playing with other friends, sleeping and swimming. Toni also goes an extra mile to perform the superheroic activities such as reading a book while at the same time rescuing an animal from falling off the tree. These are just but few of the amazing deeds that our amazing and likable Toni can do.

From my above description of the book, one may wonder whether this book follows the traditional routine plot but no. This is a very simple learn-to-read book that R.D. Base has come up with. It follows no plot but instead a series of very simple sentences with a picture or more. These pictures are to give a clear meaning of these sentences.

As we all know, children love to be enthusiastic most of the time. The author of this book uses this character about children to try to portray the terrific Toni as a good role model that our kids will be happy to emulate. I am pretty sure that all children that will be able to come across this book will try to draw, eat fruits, go swimming and finally sleep at the end of the day like Toni. The simple activities that Toni do are what makes him a superhero.

This is a good book for every child, since no matter whichever background they come from, they can easily associate themselves with Toni. I was really amused by the part where Toni was helping in some light house chores. This teaches us to let children participate in the light duties whenever they are willing as this will instill some spirit of responsibility in them. This is a well-organized and short book that I can recommend all parents or guardians with children below four years to grab a copy of. It will certainly leave you with no regrets. No grammar and spelling errors were observed hence a rating of 4 out of 4 stars is well deserved. This being the first book of the would-be series, I am already eagerly anticipating the upcoming of the other reads along the same line.

Toni the Superhero
View: on Bookshelves

Like Sanyesto's review? Post a comment saying so!

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”