Review by Raya raymond -- Toni the Superhero by R.D. Base

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Raya raymond
Currently Reading: One for the Road
Bookshelf Size: 65
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-raya-raymond.html
Latest Review: Triumph Over Tears by Nava Chernoff

Review by Raya raymond -- Toni the Superhero by R.D. Base

Post by Raya raymond » 29 Apr 2018, 05:53

[Following is a volunteer review of "Toni the Superhero" by R.D. Base.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Toni The Superhero, is a children's book about a boy called Tony who has extraordinary powers but likes to do normal things too when he's not out saving the world. Tony does exciting things that are fun and helpful to people. He is a good boy and is always jovial.

The book has a lot of diagrams that illustrate what Tony likes to do and what he looks like.The pictures are colorful and would really be appealing and helpful to young children who are still learning how to read. Tony The Superhero, has very few words and is really more of illustrations through the pictures on every page. It would not tire out a young child who wanted to to read it because it's really brief and enjoyable to read.It has an attractive font that would catch even the eye of a child who has little interest in reading books. The book uses easy grammar that a child who has just started reading would understand and it also teaches children to help where they can and be kind like Tony. It also gives them a hero of their own age to look up to and follow his example.

I love the cover of this book it really colorful and attractive to children. I love how brief this book is. I read it in about one minute and it would really be easy for the child to read,understand and re-read this book just for fun. I love the font used in the book, it's really beautiful and would encourage children to keep reading. the way the hero, Tony, in the book has been drawn in the pictures is amazing. I love his costume and the whole idea of a cap. His outfit is really colorful and would helps build the child's imagination. This book is very child friendly' entertaining and educating.

I can't say there's much I disliked from this book because its really brief but I'd prefer it if the author used more words that illustrate everything that is happening in the picture. For instance in the first page, Tony is holding a book and a cat and is standing beside a tree and there's so much more happening in the the picture but the author only describes one thing that he's doing using less than five words.

I rate this book 4 out of 4 stars, because it is really entertaining and suited for children, it doesn't have any errors, and I think it would help children a lot in terms of learning how to read and use their imagination, and also in spending their leisure time well. I recommend this book to children of around 0-4 years who don't know how to read or are still learning.

Toni the Superhero
View: on Bookshelves

Like Raya raymond's review? Post a comment saying so!

LaurenHaupt
2018 Reading Goal: 30
2018 Reading Goal Completion: 73
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-laurenhaupt.html
Latest Review: Chrome Mountain by Ben Schneider

Post by LaurenHaupt » 27 Aug 2018, 09:55

The book was great. The pages were adorable. My kids liked it. I thought that the author could of put an animal in the tree when she said that Tony likes to save animals. Great review!
:techie-studyingbrown:

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”