Review by swpsalazar -- Toni the Superhero by R.D. Base

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
swpsalazar
2018 Reading Goal: 30
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-swpsalazar.html
Latest Review: Toni the Superhero by R.D. Base

Review by swpsalazar -- Toni the Superhero by R.D. Base

Post by swpsalazar » 25 Apr 2018, 10:43

[Following is a volunteer review of "Toni the Superhero" by R.D. Base.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Toni the Superhero
By R.D. Base

A good storyteller will surely know how to read this one in front of a kid or kids. There are no paragraph and complicated words but simple action words that need to be justified through good tone of voice and some actions. It will make their imaginations go wider. Helping them in some little ways how to enjoy the fun in reading while domination of technology is just around us.

This book is a good decision to buy when a parent or any adult is thinking of a gift to a child. I rate this book 4 out of 4 stars because a kid will surely enjoy the colorful illustrations and all things and places are clearly illustrated, thus making the pictures lively. I believe that children must know and see people correctly for them to learn social interactions.

I highly recommend this book to kindergarten teachers or even small tutorial centers. I personally experienced teaching kids from the most behave to the most unpredictable child. Just be ready to all their questions. Some kids might be difficult but understanding them will be helpful to make them learn. All the words used in the book will make them learn the basics and the moral acts will be a great introduction to a growing child without stressing him/her out.

I love that the book is designed to be interactive, although no questions asked but children's curiosity would lead the storytelling into interactive session. Being a superhero of Toni was mentioned once but expect that heroic acts were not emphasized herein as stated in the teaser at the back of the book on finding out what Toni likes to do other than saving the world. Being a reader, my impression was, I expected that the book will focus on being superhero of Toni based on its title but no disappointment when it won't, realizing that this is a children's book, that they are not strict enough or maturity will not be considered.

The goal of the author which i can see upon reading it is that the book is for children to enjoy reading while learning the basic actions, make Toni a model kid and feed their imaginations with positive acts. I believe that this book will be very helpful in raising a child.
Kudos to author’s great creativity and imaginations, a good book really can take us to many places and time.

Toni the Superhero
View: on Bookshelves

Like swpsalazar's review? Post a comment saying so!

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”