Official Review: Toni the Superhero by R.D. Base

Please use this sub-forum to discuss both middle-grade and younger children's books, including picture books, easy readers, and children's chapter books. Topics for books aimed at children 12 and under go in this forum.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
izzyskylar
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17

Re: Official Review: Toni the Superhero by R.D. Base

Post by izzyskylar »

A super hero doing normal things is a great idea for a children’s book. This book sounds fun for a child to read
Alechenu oche
Currently Reading: Toni the Superhero
Bookshelf Size: 5

Post by Alechenu oche »

The book will teach the children morally and educationally
ekwe1
Currently Reading: Final Notice
Bookshelf Size: 3

Post by ekwe1 »

if all the children in the world can be like Toni it will be nice and all be come a superhero
Infamous_Taylor
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Infamous_Taylor »

Nice book ..so convincing for the kids to read superheros
Busingye
Currently Reading:

Post by Busingye »

I like the hero in Toni, who is humble, and down to earth, he teachs kids, especially those with special talents not to show off or to feel great.
Mary WhiteFace
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book: Stranger in a Strange Land
Currently Reading: Elemental Magic
Bookshelf Size: 384
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mary-whiteface.html
Latest Review: Bravehorse Adventures by Louise Cleveland
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by Mary WhiteFace »

It seems like a really fun book. Too bad it's not available on Kindle :cry:
Cue29

Post by Cue29 »

I like Toni the superhero. This book is suitable for kids. The cover pafe is too attractive for kids. The characters of Toni is such a role model. The story teaches the kids on how to be a down to earth person, kind and help people in so many ways. The words usage is simple and for me that's good for the kids to be able to understand the book well. This book can also use to the class to teach them a good manners and right conduct. Thank you so much for publishing a book like this. I hope you can create a beautiful one like this next time.
billiehanson
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14

Post by billiehanson »

It's a great book for young children learning to read. The pictures were nice and bright. Toni in the story is like most kids his age. I have a 4 year old superhero at home just like him. This is a book I would purchase for work. I work with kids with Autism that are working on using their imaginations, sight words and word sounds.
allinsondaniel
Favorite Book: Literacy and Orality
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 246

Post by allinsondaniel »

The Review is awesome, this type of books are my favorite, thanks for to effort, Maybe I read soon
Wasidia
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by Wasidia »

Toni potrays a good role model for kids, especially those in kindergarten. It is a healthy book for kids.
Manang Muyang
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures
Bookshelf Size: 686
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-manang-muyang.html
Latest Review: Your Great Name by Shawn Funk
Reading Device: B00KC6I06S

Post by Manang Muyang »

I downloaded this book so I can participate in the July BOTM discussion. I have also read it and plan to rate it at four stars as well. However, since I am tasked to write a review, I will have to look at it again with eagle eyes.

So I'm gone. Up, up and away!
P Reefer
Favorite Book: The Lost Identity Casualties
Currently Reading: De Facto Feminisn
Bookshelf Size: 159
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-p-reefer.html
Latest Review: The McCoys Before The Feud by Thomas McCoy

Post by P Reefer »

The review is spot on in its summary of the book as well as on the reflection of children's general mode of thinking.
juliecsa
Currently Reading: Gathering Blue
Bookshelf Size: 311
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-juliecsa.html
Latest Review: A Ghost in My Mirror by Olabisi Gwamna

Post by juliecsa »

This is a great review! I think I will buy this book to read with the young boy that I tutor in his reading skills, since he loves superheroes. I think you're right in saying that children like to feel like superheroes (and all characters in books/shows/movies) are like them!
FictionLover
Favorite Book: If life stinks get your head outta your buts
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 149
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fictionlover.html
Latest Review: Winning the War on Cancer by Sylvie Beljanski
Reading Device: B00HCNHDN0

Post by FictionLover »

Toni is a young superhero, but the book doesn’t focus on his special powers. Instead, the character is busy with regular, everyday chores and activities. Among other pursuits, Toni can be seen reading, dusting the house, helping his mother wash dishes, swimming, and eating. He may be a superhero, but the character also plays with his friends and has certain routines just like any other person. We all eat and sleep, even if some of us possess superhuman powers.
I loved this focus, too. So many children see the world with 'magic' in their eyes, it makes sense to tap into that to sense of wonder to involve a new reader in the character's world and allow them to experience the same 'magic'.

Besides, to a little one, being able to make the bed or wash the dishes might seem like a feat of a superhero!

Thanks for the reveiw.

:angelic-blueglow:
"I love reading another reader’s list of favorites. Even when I find I do not share their tastes or predilections, I am provoked to compare, contrast, and contradict. It is a most healthy exercise, and one altogether fruitful." T.S. Eliot
LV2R
Favorite Book: Crown of Crimson (The Afterlight Chronicles Book 1)
Currently Reading: Roan
Bookshelf Size: 345
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lv2r.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker

Post by LV2R »

Toni the Superhero sounds like a good book for young children learning to read. It is interesting that even though Toni can fly, he does many normal everyday things like other kids. I guess he doesn't show off his powers? It is important that kid's books have good illustrations, so it is good to know that you liked the artwork in this book.

Return to “Children's Books”