Official Review: Toni the Superhero by R.D. Base

Please use this sub-forum to discuss both middle-grade and younger children's books, including picture books, easy readers, and children's chapter books. Topics for books aimed at children 12 and under go in this forum.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Sharda chauhan
Bookshelf Size: 0

Re: Official Review: Toni the Superhero by R.D. Base

Post by Sharda chauhan »

I like the Toni character :techie-studyingbrown: and it shows that everyone has talent but do the hardwork to succeed in your life
Emmanuel 44

Post by Emmanuel 44 »

Very easy to understand and both have words and pictures to give it a more clearer view and also make one to know that despite any supernatural power u still need to behave normal in the society.
sarai07
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 10

Post by sarai07 »

What a great book to read especially for the children!,,
this topic focused on how to be responsible in every aspect of life, having respect with parents, being a good person as thay can be, doing their tasks without hesitation. Enjoying their life as children.
God bless
Gracedscribe
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 35
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gracedscribe.html
Latest Review: The Fox by M. N. J. Butler

Post by Gracedscribe »

Great review! I agree with your rating 100%!! Ive seen many kids struggle with reading, mainly because they see it as a chore. Books like these really open up the skill and make it more accessible, and fun, to a wider group.
Miercoles
Favorite Book: The Prize
Currently Reading: The Second Eve
Bookshelf Size: 60
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-miercoles.html
Latest Review: Business Basics BootCamp by Mitche Graf

Post by Miercoles »

Sometimes our superheroes are those who help us with our everyday activities; we may need that help more than having someone who flies. It is a good lesson for kids to learn. Thanks for the review.
drunyan
Currently Reading: A Kingdom's Cost
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-drunyan.html
Latest Review: The Unbound Soul by Richard L. Haight
Reading Device: B00BWYQ9YE

Post by drunyan »

I love the cover illustration. It reminds me of the graphic chapter books my grandson reads. (Captain Underpants, etc. I love the idea that these books are available for such a young target audience, as an alternate to the children's books already available.
I am back! 4 months after radiation treatments and still cancer-free!
igwehanslem2
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 4

Post by igwehanslem2 »

Wow, it's really a lovely book and deserves a 100%. Grab a copy for your kid and he will love it
fzab88
Favorite Book: 4 Shots
Currently Reading: The Reel Sisters
Bookshelf Size: 12

Post by fzab88 »

After reading the review this is one book I'd love to add to my shelf for my boys to read. Parenting is one phase in life that has no manual and when a child grows up, basically or naturally the parent is the superhero. When now a child can be able to relate and know that superheroes and normal people and more so from the book, a normal child who does normal things, it can build their self esteem and maybe believe that someday they too can be superheroes. My boys love PJ masks the animation series. This book is one they can read and enjoy and also relate to the heroes they see while watching their cartoons. I'll recommend this book to mothers for their children especially boys.

Can wait to finish reading it.
lktrd2
Currently Reading: Blessed Life
Bookshelf Size: 8

Post by lktrd2 »

The book Toni the Super Hero by R.D. Base is for children who are level 1 through 3. If parents have introduced reading to their child they will be able to understand based on age and level appropriateness.

The author presented the main character as an action figure with magic powers to direct them and to place an image for them so when they are faced with a task or moment in their lives this will serve as an example. He showed compassion for his classmates, nutrition awareness, being prepared before class by reading and household chores. Believe it; this really helps a child when building themselves in life.

The book had sentences worded for each reading level. This helps a child to understand with other teaching tactics. When working with children in reading: colors, shapes, letters, and behavior modeling really works.

I noticed that in the book another way to help children with learning is to show an example and allow the student to show how he understands by drawing or telling.

The illustrator Debbie J. Hefke captured a world of wonder for the child to enter. High points. The author did a good job laying out the objective of the book. Overall, a worthy children's book. I rate 4 1/2 stars *
:techie-studyinggray:
Graceshete93
Currently Reading: Wilder
Bookshelf Size: 11

Post by Graceshete93 »

Toni The Superhero by R. D Base.
First allow me to congratulate the author. She has done a recommendable job,writing this book. I like the fact that her creativity is vividly seen in the concept. For this book to sound interesting and fun for young toddlers who are starting to read on their own, the author chose to use short and clear sentences, simple words and more so included pictures that would capture children's attention. I like the character and the roles he has played. They indeed teach good morals to young children. So I give this book 4 stars out of 4.
Beth KG
Favorite Book: Time and Again
Currently Reading: Practice the Jealous Arts
Bookshelf Size: 59
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-beth-kg.html
Latest Review: Final Notice by Van Fleisher

Post by Beth KG »

by Beth KG

A book about a relatable superhero who engages in everyday activities and chores sounds like a good choice for visiting youngsters. It's important to know something about the content of a book directed toward children before purchasing. Thanks for your good review! :)
Rosehibbard
Currently Reading: Goodnight Irene
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rosehibbard.html
Latest Review: Twisted Threads by Kaylin McFarren

Post by Rosehibbard »

This sounds like a good children's book. When I get my check I will have to get it for my daughter. I've not read it yet, but I have read several reviews on it and they say it's good for young children.
Eastendgal
Currently Reading: The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci
Bookshelf Size: 3
Reading Device: B00HCNHDN0

Post by Eastendgal »

Toni the superhero
What a cool concept to get kids to learn how to read at an early stage in their life.
Noxolow

Post by Noxolow »

Tone the superhero by r.d base
Its a great book because it can inspires children to want to be like tone and do all the things tone he is doing and that to a health life
blakfinn
Currently Reading:

Post by blakfinn »

With all the illustrations and humanizing Tony, it is a book quite unique I must say, and kids will definitely learn a lot from it.

Return to “Children's Books”