Official Review: Toni the Superhero by R.D. Base

Please use this sub-forum to discuss both middle-grade and younger children's books, including picture books, easy readers, and children's chapter books. Topics for books aimed at children 12 and under go in this forum.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
AlDhibahG1225
Currently Reading: When Angels Play Poker
Bookshelf Size: 3

Re: Official Review: Toni the Superhero by R.D. Base

Post by AlDhibahG1225 »

Tony the Super Hero by R.D. Base is a wonderful children's book. It is the first book of a promised series. Toni, the main character of the book is a young vibrant boy who is a super hero. However, he is a new type of Super Hero because his super powers are granted to him because he is able to execute, to accomplish, and to successfully complete everyday activities. For example, he cleans, he dusts, he draws all by himself without the assistant of Adults. Toni listens to adults, engages in play activities, makes an effort to get along with his fellow peers. Toni is an excellent role model because children learn best from watching. Additionally, the illustrator Debbie Hefke does a great job by presenting the reader with very bright, colorful, and vivid images that will captivate chi!dren and adults alike. Such as sunny ye!lows, bright orange, fiery red, and smoothing blue. The Color imagery used in this book is a great way to express Toni's overall emotional make up and help to connect to the emotional character of the reader. Likewise, the language of the book is very simple and used in third person tense. The book is written in simple syntax and focuses on third person tense. Thus, a grammatical lesson is embedded in the story. In conclusion, I recommend Toni the Super Hero to children and adults alike because it teaches children positive behavior and that everyone can be a Super Hero in their own right just by being yourself.
Jessa mae loyloy
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Jessa mae loyloy »

Wow it's pretty awesome.. Children must read this story.. It's very influential children's love fairies , hero, princess etc .. Most of them follow the main character they idolize
Charlie_Dee

Post by Charlie_Dee »

clemezytwinko wrote: 17 Apr 2018, 03:41
stacie k wrote: 15 Apr 2018, 00:42 Great review! I really like the author’s choice to show Toni reading and doing chores. He’s the type of hero I want to hold up for my kids, setting a good example doing everyday activities. Thank you for your insights!
I am very happy because children would always find it interesting to read and at the same time understand it ontime this book Toni the SUPERHERO by R.D.BASE is a fantastic one
Pretty inspiring for young minds! It's a good beginning for a series as children wiĺl easily relate to the 'adventures of their superhero ' and hopefully copy
Salihu Auwal Lugga
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-salihu-auwal-lugga.html
Latest Review: Keys to Tetouan by Mois Benarroch

Post by Salihu Auwal Lugga »

Weldone for the hard work. I'd like to pick the book for review but the page numbers do scare me.
Jessie03
Currently Reading:

Post by Jessie03 »

This is so great
A nice teaching to children out there
Raymoney

Post by Raymoney »

The book is lovely and perfect for kids growing mind. My 5 year old nephew loved it as much as i di
leyn_me

Post by leyn_me »

The book is so nice and could be helpful for children growing up and learning to read. Children will love it because of its character.
jona4life

Post by jona4life »

I describe the book as awesome,amazing,inspiring and at the same time entertaining.You wouldn't understand this until you ask a kid who has read the book before then you hear his response.Its really what they need.
Salihu Auwal Lugga
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-salihu-auwal-lugga.html
Latest Review: Keys to Tetouan by Mois Benarroch

Post by Salihu Auwal Lugga »

This book is the best way to make children learned, without them thinking to be Supermen.
CCANDIEG
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by CCANDIEG »

My daughter loved the book. I got the book just for her because she is into super hero's. I kept her guessing what is going to happen next. I would definitely read again.
mllamisaamadi
Currently Reading: The Rock Stars of Neuroscience
Bookshelf Size: 17

Post by mllamisaamadi »

toni the superhero,a fantastic 4-4stars award review story book written in a stylish way,an attraction story book for chidren of young age who like super hero fun like,an interesting book for child's education
togormey
Currently Reading: Dodging Satan
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-togormey.html
Latest Review: And Then I Met Margaret by Rob White

Post by togormey »

Impressive review. This is undoubtedly a good material for children development academically and socially.
For what shall it profit a man to gain the whole world and lose his soul?
LaurenHaupt
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 41
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-laurenhaupt.html
Latest Review: Heartaches 3 by H.M. Irwing

Post by LaurenHaupt »

i really like your review. My kids enjoyed the story. I think the only part was missing was that there should of been an animal stuck in the tree.
:techie-studyingbrown:
Tamorie Hargro
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: Billy Summers
Bookshelf Size: 168
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tamorie-hargro.html
Latest Review: Teardrops by Helen Burger
Reading Device: B083JVJQH4

Post by Tamorie Hargro »

Nice review! I've always been interested in children's books, after all, Dr. Suess is who got me reading at age 3! I think it's super important for kids to learn how to read while enjoying what they read. Not every story has to have a clear message or traditional plotline. Just having fun seeing what's on the page can make a child wish the could and strive to learn the words on the page. They'll have a superhero they love to read about with this book. I would love to get this book for my nephew. Thanks for the review :)
J.K. Rowling - Albus Dumbledore, Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban wrote:Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light. 🔥
Dhebs
Currently Reading:

Post by Dhebs »

Very nice story! Children is always find interesting to read books and at the se time he/she understand.

Return to “Children's Books”