Official Review: Toni the Superhero by R.D. Base

Please use this sub-forum to discuss both middle-grade and younger children's books, including picture books, easy readers, and children's chapter books. Topics for books aimed at children 12 and under go in this forum.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Miqbal 123
Bookshelf Size: 0

Re: Official Review: Toni the Superhero by R.D. Base

Post by Miqbal 123 »

It is good moral books for young childran
Britty01
Favorite Book: Will's Red Coat
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 80
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-britty01.html
Latest Review: Apollo's Raven by Linnea Tanner
Reading Device: B00KC6I06S

Post by Britty01 »

Great review for this story about a superhero, doing everyday normal tasks. I expect a lot of young children will enjoy this book as well as the illustrations which will help them with their reading.
Mehreen Tanzeel

Post by Mehreen Tanzeel »

This story Tony the Superstar illustrates about a boy . As we know there are many story books that are very interesting and stories that amaze the children and to relate them with there super hero. The children became happy while reading such amazing story. Here the writer has completely kept in his mind that tony is a super hero but he normally does all the work that all normal children do Tony helps his mother in doing all the normal work e.g sleeping ,eating,swimming dancing etc. The writer narrates about a
A superhero who wears a superhero costume , eyesband and a cap. He is a playful happy boy .Children love to play with him . At last I would like to say that the author has amazingly has done a great job .He has done a great job my making an idol hero near and same like any normal hero in society.
Paiges-reads
Favorite Book: Immortals' Requiem
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-paiges-reads.html
Latest Review: Fish Wielder by J.R.R.R. (Jim) Hardison

Post by Paiges-reads »

I have a young nephew who should be starting to read soon, so it's good to know that this is such a helpful book for kids just starting out. I'll have to let my brother know about this, so he can use it as a tool to help his son start reading! Thank you for the review!
Dael Reader
Currently Reading: The Story of Arthur Truluv
Bookshelf Size: 53
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dael-reader.html
Latest Review: Extraordinary Stories From Everyday People (and me) by Les Clark
Reading Device: 1400697484

Post by Dael Reader »

This sounds like such a fun book! I think I'll to check it out, especially since it's the Book of the Month. Thanks for the recommendation.
Charlaigne
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-charlaigne.html
Latest Review: Reaching the Shore by Davin Jake Douma and BonnieJane Hall

Post by Charlaigne »

CatInTheHat wrote: 16 Apr 2018, 16:37 I love books that make reading fun. When I taught kindergarten, I spent quite a bit of time finding the "right" books for my classroom shelves.
Wish we had more teachers like you! We were encouraged to read but so many books in our classroom shelves were terribly boring. I remember one teacher extolling the virtues of Nancy Drew (which bored me senseless). At that time I preferred reading my father's copy of The Three Musketeers.

Apologies to all Nancy Drew fans.
Charlaigne
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-charlaigne.html
Latest Review: Reaching the Shore by Davin Jake Douma and BonnieJane Hall

Post by Charlaigne »

Tiny_Turtle wrote: 25 May 2018, 01:04 I have loved to read for as far back as my memories go. Even as an adult I still enjoy collecting children's books. I am very selective about the ones I have in my home. My grandkids love going thru my bookshelves.

"Toni the Superhero" by R.D. Base sounds to be one of the good ones. A Superhero does not have to always be tearing things apart. Sometimes they clean things up. I love it.
I'm intrigued - would you be able to share which children's books you have in your home? And agree with you 100% about superheroes cleaning up :D
Mungai wilson
Favorite Author: Brian Gallagher
Currently Reading: Toni the Superhero
Bookshelf Size: 25
fav_author_id: 41692

Post by Mungai wilson »

Nice story.i cant wait to pass this story to my children and grandson.thanks to R.D.Base for the bright mind.
Amy+++
Favorite Book: The Mister
Currently Reading: Last Chance Cafe
Bookshelf Size: 218
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amy.html
Latest Review: The Chauvinist's Guide to Modern Romance by Morris Rollins
Reading Device: B01CRGNO4S

Post by Amy+++ »

Great review. I like how the book is easy to read for new readers. Plus it makes it fun! The pictures taking up two pages at times is really great. And having a super hero be your friend (when you don't know that they are a super hero) is great too! This book is going to teach kids so many things.
Spath
Currently Reading: Decide Success
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-spath.html
Latest Review: If life stinks get your head outta your buts by Mark L. Wdowiak

Post by Spath »

Very Nice review. I think this book is awesome for depicting that even super hero's have regular activities and chores like everyone else. Excellent way to encourage children to do the everyday activities.
There is nothing to writing. All you have to do is sit down at a typewriter and bleed.
Ernest Hemingway
Dike Caleb

Post by Dike Caleb »

Waw so interesting for kids and also for grown up youth,i love the novel
María Andrea Fernández Sepúlveda
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Kristin Hannah
Favorite Book: The Nightingale
Currently Reading: People we meet on vacation
Bookshelf Size: 2398
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mar-a-andrea-fern-ndez-sep-lveda.html
Latest Review: You Say Goodbye by Keith Steinbaum
fav_author_id: 5604

Post by María Andrea Fernández Sepúlveda »

Thanks for the review!
I had been looking for a great children´s book in English because I care that my nephews learn to love to read in both languages.
This sounds great, and I love the idea of the superhero acting normal, and maybe let the kid´s imagination fly and think they might have some superpowers themselves.
I think the cover is very attractive, which is especially important in kid´s books.
Great!
MdNickez
Currently Reading: The Unbound Soul
Bookshelf Size: 5
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by MdNickez »

:tiphat: [i]Re: OFFICIAL REVIEW: TONI THE SUPERHERO by R.D BASE . [/i]
Bookowlie has once again demonstrated a very fascinating knack for profound literary interpretaion. From the choice of language to the social interaction of the kid-hero, a potential reader captures the various scenarios of an ideal world of children's heroism as it is meant to be revealed by the author.
jazzitup
Currently Reading:

Post by jazzitup »

[amazon=][/amazon]

The review of Toni the Superhero, by R.D. Base, provides insight to a new type of superhero for today's
children. It give a sense of the ordinary as extraordinary by pointing out the everyday, any day activities that lend themselves to being a Superhero. :D
paulitfaa
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 62
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-paulitfaa.html
Latest Review: Pastoring is not what you think by Elijah Oladimeji

Post by paulitfaa »

This review on "Toni the Superhero" makes me love to read through the book and maybe encourage it for schools in Cameroon.The book seems to provide a better channel to child education as my country has had very little of this outlook to education.

Return to “Children's Books”