Official Review: Toni the Superhero by R.D. Base

Please use this sub-forum to discuss both middle-grade and younger children's books, including picture books, easy readers, and children's chapter books. Topics for books aimed at children 12 and under go in this forum.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Tolstoy
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12

Re: Official Review: Toni the Superhero by R.D. Base

Post by Tolstoy »

Toni the Superhero by R.D. Base
Spoilers

Yes, a good review and the author clearly noted that the book is targeted for beginning readers.

I read this with my elementary age son and the repetitive sentence structure was helpful and engaging to him.
Also the sequence of things Toni likes to do relates well enough with the kiddos.

I especially :)liked the contrast of color in the picture and I'm sure kids will too, especially more visual learners.

There was one or two places in the book that were incongruous and may be confusing for the young readers.
For example, "Toni likes to dust", but there was no picture of Tony or a duster. Also, "Tony likes to swim", but he is not actually swimming. However, I believe this is all done with the intent that it will be a little thought-provoking for the young readers.
crediblereading2
Currently Reading: Bitroux
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-crediblereading2.html
Latest Review: SSN Seadragon by J P Ronald

Post by crediblereading2 »

The way the book is structured sounds perfect for children. I will recommend this one to my young family members and friends.
kislany
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 527
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kislany.html
Latest Review: Golden Skies by Juan Zapata

Post by kislany »

Great review. This looks like a wonderful book for kids (who doesn't dream to become a superhero?) with clear pictures that convey the author's message clearly. Sounds like a winner!
Mildred Tabitha
Currently Reading: The Good Fight
Bookshelf Size: 46
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mildred-tabitha.html
Latest Review: Bleeding Gull - look, feel, fly by Raed Anis Aljishi

Post by Mildred Tabitha »

I read this book and I liked it. It fits the description given by the author perfectly. It also makes for a good read for children and I will consider getting it for my future kids. Great review!
Do good to others on your way up because you will meet them on your way down.
Alcell
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Alcell »

This story for kids is really exciting to read! It creates great imagination to the readers especially the kids. The character is a hero itself, as well as acting like a normal child. But, he has a special ability for he can fly! This story gives inspiration to the young readers.
a_jerobon
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16

Post by a_jerobon »

Good review! Children will learn that superheroes are just people like them who do what all children do.
precious B

Post by precious B »

TONI THE SUPERHERO BY R.D BASE
The book "Toni, the superhero" is a simple book, with a very nice depth. The words are also very imitable.

It is a book full of exciting characters, passion and very interesting to kids.

Using very attractive and exciting animations appealing strongly to kids, the book portrays a well trained character, making the book of immeasurable value to kids.

The author was brief and explanatory. Other books by the same author includes; Toni likes to read, Toni saved the day and Toni lobes vegetable. The pictures are unique, educative and also very colourful.

I recommend "Toni, the superhero" to kids. Watch out for more exciting series.
Emeka Daniel

Post by Emeka Daniel »

This is the kind of book parents should give to there children to read in the morning and before bed time so they would know how all this little chores like washing dishes, cleaning their room and helping mom makes them look like a super hero character. When s/he becomes a teenager s/he would not depart from it. I love this book. A great book for kids.
Ashiyya Tariq
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 235
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ashiyya-tariq.html
Latest Review: Deadly Waters: The Vietnam Naval War And Its Aftermath by Randy Miller
Reading Device: PDF

Post by Ashiyya Tariq »

I am really impressed with colorful illustrations which the author has used in the book. Thanks for this interesting review.
Make your ideals high enough to inspire you and low enough to encourage you.

📕📖📰📓📕
precious B

Post by precious B »

The book "Toni, the superhero" is a simple book, with a very nice depth. The words are also very imitable.

It is a book full of exciting characters, passion and very interesting to kids.

Using very attractive and exciting animations appealing strongly to kids, the book portrays a well trained character, making the book of immeasurable value to kids.

The author was brief and explanatory. Other books by the same author includes; Toni likes to read, Toni saved the day and Toni lobes vegetable. The pictures are unique, educative and also very colourful.

I recommend "Toni, the superhero" to kids. Watch out for more exciting series.
10rose

Post by 10rose »

Lovely review. The story might be thrilling experience for kids under the age of four.
j18_

Post by j18_ »

Tony the SuperHero
a book like this is great for children! as they read i know it would open up there imagination! :D
bookowlie
Special Discussion Leader
Favorite Book: The Lost Continent
Currently Reading: The Night She Went Missing
Bookshelf Size: 442
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bookowlie.html
Latest Review: To Paint A Murder by E. J. Gandolfo

Post by bookowlie »

Tolstoy wrote: 18 Apr 2018, 21:14 Toni the Superhero by R.D. Base
Spoilers

Yes, a good review and the author clearly noted that the book is targeted for beginning readers.

I read this with my elementary age son and the repetitive sentence structure was helpful and engaging to him.
Also the sequence of things Toni likes to do relates well enough with the kiddos.

I especially :)liked the contrast of color in the picture and I'm sure kids will too, especially more visual learners.

There was one or two places in the book that were incongruous and may be confusing for the young readers.
For example, "Toni likes to dust", but there was no picture of Tony or a duster. Also, "Tony likes to swim", but he is not actually swimming. However, I believe this is all done with the intent that it will be a little thought-provoking for the young readers.
Thanks everyone for the nice feedback! Tolstoy, I agree that the author noted that the book is a learn-to-read type of read. It was written with simple concepts and sentences with that specific purpose in mind.
"The best way out is always through" - Robert Frost
JPayne
Currently Reading:

Post by JPayne »

Toni the Superhero, by R.D. Base. An easy read for children, along with Toni being a child, he's a superhero who does chores, and reads books. This is a really well written children's book. Very happy to have read it. My kids would enjoy me reading this book to them
Bheadex
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16

Post by Bheadex »

I think the story it a unique one cause in a usual super hero story, the story is always focussed on the ssuper power, how the hero save the day etc.... But in this story the story did not only focus on his supernatural power but also his interactions among kids like him and his family. Its Indid a special novel for kids.

Return to “Children's Books”