Official Review: Rullunder the Imagerater by R Mikel Nelson

Please use this sub-forum to discuss both middle-grade and younger children's books, including picture books, easy readers, and children's chapter books. Topics for books aimed at children 12 and under go in this forum.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Samantha Simoneau
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 240
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-samantha-simoneau.html
Latest Review: Dancing With Jesus by Allison Broughton
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Re: Official Review: Rullunder the Imagerater by R Mikel Nelson

Post by Samantha Simoneau »

I love the idea of this book. I love reading aloud to my kids and your comment about the word "imagerater" made me eager to give this one a try. The story reminds me a bit of Dahl's work. It's a shame the illustrations and editing left much to be desired. This could be really wonderful. Thanks for the great review!
Samantha Simoneau

“But upon the stage of life, while conscience claps, let the world hiss! On the contrary if conscience disapproves, the loudest applauses of the world are of little value."
~John Adams :greetings-clapyellow:
kfwilson6
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Lord of Chaos
Bookshelf Size: 298
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kfwilson6.html
Latest Review: The Stone Wall Crossing by Alice Schellhorn Magrane
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by kfwilson6 »

SamSim wrote: 07 Jun 2018, 10:01 I love the idea of this book. I love reading aloud to my kids and your comment about the word "imagerater" made me eager to give this one a try. The story reminds me a bit of Dahl's work. It's a shame the illustrations and editing left much to be desired. This could be really wonderful. Thanks for the great review!
Thanks for commenting! I thought the concept of this book was really cute. I actually like when authors invent words and I thought "imagerator" was something fun kids would like to try saying. The illustrations and layout just left a lot to be desired.

Return to “Children's Books”