Review by Rollison_d1 -- Diary of a Snoopy Cat

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Rollison_d1
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rollison-d1.html
Latest Review: Toni the Superhero by R.D. Base

Review by Rollison_d1 -- Diary of a Snoopy Cat

Post by Rollison_d1 »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Diary of a Snoopy Cat" by R.F. Kristi.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Diary of a Snoopy Cat is an adorable and very entertaining book about a cat detective and her friends. It is written by R. F. Kristi and illustrated by Jorje Valle.

A kitten named Inca writes in her diary to tell her stories and adventures. She wants to be a famous detective so the whole world will admire her. With the help of her friends and family, she puts together a team. Together there's nothing they can't do but Inca, in an effort to become a famous lead detective, goes rogue and lands herself in a bit of trouble.

I love how detailed the author is on each character so that you really get to know them. Most of the characters are animals. You will learn what they look like, what their personalities are like and even some of their backgrounds.

Along the way you will see illustrations to help set the scenes and they really are the cutest pictures ever! The book is set up in a way that actually looks and sounds like a child is writing in her diary, yet follows like a story.

I love the imagination this kitten has. Although the writings, discussions and personality portrays that of a child, the playfulness and mischievousness of a kitten is also added in. All of this combined just makes the book very entertaining. I'm an adult and I couldn't wait to flip my pages in order to see what happened next.

One disappointment I had was with how long it took for one of the mysteries to be solved. At the beginning, some other characters, which included the animal that made Inca want to become a detective, went off to find a missing person. This person is found at the end of the book but there are no details in between or throughout the book on what was going on with the case. Normally, this would affect my rating on the book but I feel since it is a children's book, too many mysteries at the same time would be overwhelming and they did wrap it up at the end with the details needed. Also, that particular case was not being solved by Inca. It was led by her mentor. I would still rate this book a 4 out of 4. There were some troubles with punctuation but this would be expected if you actually were reading the diary of a young child (or kitten). Example: "Wolf! Wolf! Wolf! On page 117 of the Ebook is missing the " at the end of the sentence.

Diary of a Snoopy Cat
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like Rollison_d1's review? Post a comment saying so!
Italiansweety1982
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-italiansweety1982.html
Latest Review: Four Funny Potatoes! by Len Foley

Post by Italiansweety1982 »

I just read this one. I had never read the other ones in the series. I did enjoy it, it's humorous and unique, but there are a lot of characters to keep track of! That part was difficult. Definitely a book an adult and child can read together over several nights.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”