Official Review: Blue blue Sea Finds His Cape

Please use this sub-forum to discuss both middle-grade and younger children's books, including picture books, easy readers, and children's chapter books. Topics for books aimed at children 12 and under go in this forum.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
kwame1977
Currently Reading: The Vatican Protocol
Bookshelf Size: 150
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kwame1977.html
Latest Review: Learn to Play Guitar by Gareth Evans

Official Review: Blue blue Sea Finds His Cape

Post by kwame1977 »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Blue blue Sea Finds His Cape" by Miranda N. Prather.]
Book Cover
2 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Blue blue Sea Finds His Cape is a children’s book written by Miranda N. Prather and published in 2015. Blue blue Sea is the name of a racehorse that is so confident in all his adventures that even all humans will love to have him. The story started with Blue blue Sea introducing himself. He has given a brief autobiography of himself and has clearly identified his mission as a racehorse whose mission is different from that of others due to some unique qualities he possesses. He has stressed the importance of education as a necessary ingredient to achieving success. He has stated some of his achievements in his adventures. He has established the fact that life is composed of both the dark and the bright part. He has encouraged his readers to stand firm when life turns dark and assures them that although darkness may prevail, it cannot comprehend the light.

Blue blue Sea has also established the fact that the best of friends must depart one day so as to achieve excellence. Furthermore, he has emphasized the importance of teamwork. He has demonstrated that teamwork is an ingredient for achieving higher height. He has used an unfavourable situation he found himself in to encourage his readers. Also, he has exalted his readers to believe in themselves and aim for the best achievements in life.

This book is not divided into chapters, yet it has been presented in a readable format that makes reading easy. There is no spelling or grammatical error. There is an excellent use of literal devices. There are lots of lessons to be derived from this book. Children learn to do teamwork, trust in themselves and lift themselves up whenever they fall in life. The author has also stressed the importance of education and training as a necessary tool for achieving a brighter future. The title of the book is relevant to its contents because the author has explained its meaning. I, therefore, recommend this book to all children in the elementary schools.

However, I realized that some of the expressions are beyond the comprehension of children. The author should stress on the need for parental guidance necessary for understanding the book. Children may just have to use the dictionary several times to find the meaning of some words because some of the words may be beyond their comprehension. I recommend the author uses simple vocabulary in her books as the book is meant for children. Aside from these, the author did not provide any form of activity or exercise for children to do after reading. The author should provide exercise at the end of the book to test children’s ability to comprehend the contents of the book. The author can also provide a plain diagram of a racehorse for her readers to colour. Since children love playing games, I suggest the author provides her readers with a game so they can compete with themselves and have some fun. The author must ensure that the interest of her readers supersedes that of her own when writing such a project.

I hope Miranda N. Prather will improve the contents of her book so I can give her good ratings. I hope she will take my recommendations and suggestions in good fate. I will be looking forward to reading another book by her. I, therefore, rate her book Blue blue Sea Finds His Cape 2 out of 4 stars.

Blue blue Sea Finds His Cape
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like kwame1977's review? Post a comment saying so!

Return to “Children's Books”