Official Review: where is Heaven?

Please use this sub-forum to discuss both middle-grade and younger children's books, including picture books, easy readers, and children's chapter books. Topics for books aimed at children 12 and under go in this forum.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
EmunahAn
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 159
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-emunahan.html
Latest Review: Unremembered Victory by Dennis H. Klein

Official Review: where is Heaven?

Post by EmunahAn »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "where is Heaven?" by written by L M Henderson, illustrated by Joel Henderson.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Is there heaven? Where is Heaven? How do we get to heaven? How will heaven be like? These are common questions most children and also adults ask. Fortunately, the Bible sheds light on this enchanting place and gives us many ideas on what heaven will be like and how to get there.

L. M. Henderson the author of Where is Heaven? does a magnificent job in answering this question that plagues many minds. His targeted audience is young readers who have questions regarding this spectacular place. He takes a Biblical approach to explaining how to get to heaven and why heaven is the best place to be after death.

In his book Where is heaven? Henderson assumes a main character, Toddles a young bear cub, who like many other young children have a curiosity with regard to heaven. Toddles’ mother patiently explains to her where heaven is, basing her answers on the Bible, and how it differs from our earthly experiences despite how good they are.

One of the most impressive features of the book, Where is heaven? was the message and the theme of the book. First, the title says it all. Most parents can admit to having answered the question contained in the title at one point in their lives. It is a common question that requires a sound answer and L. M. Henderson handles the topic impressively. He skilfully responds to the question about heaven from the perspective of a young child such that by the end of reading the book, the reader will have a deep understanding of the topic in question.

Joel Henderson, the book’s illustrator, also added to the beauty and captivating nature of the book through his creative illustrations. His images are colorful and elaborate explaining many aspects of heaven. The soft blue background of the text is also quite attractive and appropriate for the book. Most importantly, the images helped me envision heaven and also aided my understanding of some Biblical details that relate to ‘The New Jerusalem’.

I also liked the book’s length. It was not too long given that it is a children’s book but still, it comprehensively addressed the main theme of the book. The text also alternates with images which prevented monotony in the narration. The images provide a good break for the reader to meditate on what they have read on the previous page. Also, this pattern will be helpful in simplifying a parent’s explanation of the narrative to their child. Where is heaven? is definitely delightful and extremely enlightening. For that reason, I rate it 4 out of 4 stars.

where is Heaven?
View: on Bookshelves

Like EmunahAn's review? Post a comment saying so!
“Reading is escape, and the opposite of escape; it's a way to make contact with reality after a day of making things up, and it's a way of making contact with someone else's imagination after a day that's all too real.”
― Nora Ephron
Haweda-Fatteh 24
Currently Reading: Final Notice
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Haweda-Fatteh 24 »

Thi book talk about how the regional books tells us a lot about heaven. And that a lot of people ask about heaven and how is it like . The answer is no one knows only the one above us . It’s a good book . Put I will not recommend it to kids .
stacie k
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 192
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-stacie-k.html
Latest Review: River Kids by Jennie Linnane

Post by stacie k »

I'm glad to learn about this Christian author, L.M. Henderson. It is wonderful to have beautiful children's books to aid in addressing the important questions that children will inevitably have. It sounds like this one is biblically based and trustworthy. I will definitely keep this one in mind for my friends with young children. Thank you for this review!
“The tongue of the wise makes knowledge acceptable.” Proverbs 15:2a

Return to “Children's Books”