Review by benzharvey -- Sigfried’s Smelly Socks!

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
benzharvey
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-benzharvey.html
Latest Review: Sigfried’s Smelly Socks! by Len Foley

Review by benzharvey -- Sigfried’s Smelly Socks!

Post by benzharvey »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Sigfried’s Smelly Socks!" by Len Foley.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

The boy named Sigfried noticed that his room smells bad. What is this kind of bad smell? He thought his sister Piper's diaper might cause the smell. He never stops searching until he found chewing gum, slice pizza, and an old potato. Unpleasantly, the odor is very strong. He sniffs something like an ostrich's breath. There is also a bad odor like a rotten cabbage. He looks beneath his bed. Is there something under his bed that creates the bad smell? Sigfried saw a pair of blue, red, orange, and green below his bed. What is this stuff that made him irritated? Why did this thing make him promise not to flush?

Len Foley's book Sigfried's Smelly Socks will teach us the importance of having an organized room. Orderliness and cleanliness in the room are important. Things will be easily located when it is in the right order. Our room reflects who we are. Dirty things must be put in the designated area. Sigfried got irritated by the terrible smell and dirty things that make him bothered. This kind of poor behavior will improve through the guidance of the parents. His attitude is common at the early stage of childhood life. Children will become responsible for simple things when they grow up if being guided accordingly.

I appreciate the author's writing style because it matches the color, font style, and pictures. The rhyming words like Piper and diaper, read and bread, lose and nose, and clumps and lumps add excitement to the book. Children will easily identify the colored words that match to the pictures. The words are simple, understandable and easy to read.

This book will help the children become responsible for their own things. They will learn how to distinguish dirty things. They will remember that dirty socks must be put directly in the laundry area. Having organized surroundings able us to think positively because it gives us peace of mind.

I love the story and enjoyed reading the book and rereading it. I will recommend this book to all parents who look for an educational book. This book helps the children learn new things, words, and colors. It is a short story and as an educational tool for the children. Therefore, I rate this book 4 out of 4 stars. The author simply deals cleanliness. Len helps the parent explain to their children why dirty things must be in the right place. I did not encounter any misspelled words that make me refuse to give negative comments.

Sigfried’s Smelly Socks!
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like benzharvey's review? Post a comment saying so!
Jeremie Mondejar
Official Reviewer Representative
Favorite Author: Still searching
Currently Reading: SandPeople
Bookshelf Size: 1377
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jeremie-mondejar.html
Latest Review: The Book of Moncoto by Mosetta Penick Phillips-Cermak, Ph.D.

Post by Jeremie Mondejar »

nice review. The story is so cute. I wanna share this one to my cousin who had a difficulty on smelly feet.
Jeremie
Official Reviewer Representative

"Jesus Christ is the Saviour of the world."
prinjeh18
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-prinjeh18.html
Latest Review: The Sword Swallower and a Chico Kid by Gary Robinson

Post by prinjeh18 »

nice review. I love this book as well. I can relate to the socks of Sigfried. :lol:
readandsmile
Currently Reading: Boom! A Revolting Situation
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-readandsmile.html
Latest Review: And Then I Met Margaret by Rob White

Post by readandsmile »

When the room smells bad, I can relate to the story because my cousin's room were like Sigfried.
Reading is an antidote for...
Anger
Burdens
Discouragement
Fears
Hopelessness
Loneliness
Sadness
Tiredness
benzharvey
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-benzharvey.html
Latest Review: Sigfried’s Smelly Socks! by Len Foley

Post by benzharvey »

thank for your time!
Jacci
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 33
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jacci.html
Latest Review: The Unbound Soul by Richard L. Haight

Post by Jacci »

Wow, so cute for the socks. I can smell it. Hahahaha, nice book for my kids, thanks for the review.
:cooking: :cooking: reading while cooking is the best! :techie-reference: :lol2:

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”