Official Review: The story of a dog named horse

Please use this sub-forum to discuss both middle-grade and younger children's books, including picture books, easy readers, and children's chapter books. Topics for books aimed at children 12 and under go in this forum.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
cpru68
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book: What My Dog Taught Me About Jesus
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 179
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cpru68.html
Latest Review: Heaven's Call by Roger Dawson
Reading Device: B00HCNHDN0

Re: Official Review: The story of a dog named horse

Post by cpru68 »

It sounds like you gave it a great try for the material that was presented to you. I think if I had come across this material, I would have been as baffled as you are. I have sat in on a number of writer's clubs where people present their manuscripts and then want the group to give input. Imagine this person sitting across from you in person asking for your advice, and you did it so nicely. Many times in these groups, people who were good writers were hard on themselves and could barely share what they had written for fear it was awful. What I found over and over was that those who had talent didn't realize it, and those who needed ALOT of work thought nothing needed to be changed and that they were the next New York bestselling author! Good job on this and maybe the author (or authors) will rethink this one to make it better.
Everything happens for a reason...
Kibet Hillary
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3008
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kibet-hillary.html
Latest Review: A Conflicted Slaveholder by Marge Cambre

Post by Kibet Hillary »

Such stories for sure normally are hard to review especially when you are fond of other genres that entail good plots and a lot of character development.
“It just hurts too much to admit what is wanted so badly when there’s no guarantee of its availability.”
- Dr. Larry Crabb
Little House
Favorite Author: Orson Scott Card
Favorite Book: Enders Game or maybe Enders Shadow
Bookshelf Size: 8
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-little-house.html
Latest Review: "Chocolate Chip Chelsy" by Angelina Madison
fav_author_id: 2667

Post by Little House »

Thank you for a great review. It sounds like this book is just what I was looking for. I need a poorly written book to demonstrate to my students that not all published books are worth reading. I think that this one will fit the bill.
Latest Review: "Chocolate Chip Chelsy" by Angelina Madison
booklysis
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-booklysis.html
Latest Review: Pastoring is not what you think by Elijah Oladimeji

Post by booklysis »

The author couldn't keep up the pace. Writing children's book needs extraordinary creativity. The author lost that.

Return to “Children's Books”