Review by dphelps1113 -- Diary of a Snoopy Cat

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
dphelps1113
2018 Reading Goal: 50
2018 Reading Goal Completion: 34
Favorite Book: To Kill a Mockingbird
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dphelps1113.html
Latest Review: Sigfried’s Smelly Socks! by Len Foley

Review by dphelps1113 -- Diary of a Snoopy Cat

Post by dphelps1113 »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Diary of a Snoopy Cat" by R.F. Kristi.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

The book, Diary of Snoopy Cat, written by R.F. Kristi, and illustrated by Jorje Valle, is apart of the “Inca” Book series. This is not the first in the series, as the author has tackled many stories involving our furry friends. With this book, in particular, she decided to give Inca more of a prominent voice by giving her readers a look into the cat’s diary. Who doesn’t want to read the entries of someone’s diary?

With the Diary of Snoopy Cat, you get a first hand look at all of the adventures through the eyes of Inca, giving the audience a deeper look at who she is as a character and her reaction to the everyday events around her. We get a chance to meet her many friends and even chase after her siblings far and wide. During the course of the novel, the writer details the personification of the animals , which brings it to life for the audience. It’s obvious that R.F. Kristi has a deep, genuine love for animals through her vivid imagery and detail. The human take the back seat for a change, as the animals dive head first into a world of wonders!

I loved how the book started off with an introduction of Inca (the main character) along with a family tree for reference. Immediately, I was drawn into the loving, dysfunctional vibe of the feline family. Inca is definitely a snoopy cat for sure! None of them are perfect, but together they come together to make what seems the impossible, happen. Just when you think that you could not love them anymore, they do something to make you laugh or even remind you how important the true bond of friendship really is! At the end of the day, we all make mistakes but what matters is what we learn from them.

As an elementary school teacher, this book title immediately grabbed my attention and made me want to dive into the pages to see if this was something that I would potentially introduce to my four and five year old students. There is something for everyone with the book. Whether it be the captivating personalities of the likes of Terrance the dog, Polo, or even Mr. Finchley. R.F. Kristi does a excellent job of making the book enjoyable, easy to read, and most importantly, relatable. The character may all be animals, but we all can relate to them in one way or another.

I rate this book a 3 out of 4 stars. It started off with an appealing storyline where you got to know all of the felines along with their friends. Throughout the course of the story, things did start to a get a bit lackluster. There weren't too many twists and turns to consistently keep the attention of the reader. Ultimately,the author does a wonderful job of encouraging the reader to use their imagination. These characters are extremely lovable! Any and everyone can relate to their adventures, and that is what keeps the reader turning the pages.This an all around pleasant family book that will be talked about for years to come and passed down through generations.

Diary of a Snoopy Cat
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like dphelps1113's review? Post a comment saying so!

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”