Review by David_92 -- Diary of a Snoopy Cat by R.F. Kristi

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
David_92
Currently Reading: Ronaldo: Rudi's Birthday Extravaganza
Bookshelf Size: 80
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-david-92.html
Latest Review: "And Then I Met Margaret" by Rob White

Review by David_92 -- Diary of a Snoopy Cat by R.F. Kristi

Post by David_92 »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Diary of a Snoopy Cat" by R.F. Kristi.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Diary of Snoopy Cat

Author: By R.F Kristi

Publisher: Create Space Independent Publishing Platform

For all the Cat lovers out there you need to grab a copy of the Diary of Snoopy Cat by R.F Kristi. This is a book that will be reminiscent of all the good memories you had curdling, cleaning and feeding your cats while growing up (that is if you’re a grown up by now). The Book comes in family context of four cats namely Inca (who is like the main character and of Siberian origin ), Fromage - a stubborn chubby cat that seems proud and loves cheese, Cara –a cat that loves to be clean and tidy- and Charlotte- Looks small and might be perceived to be unusual from the rest of the cats. –

These four Cats now live in London with their human host called Missy. Initially Missy was living in Paris France with the four Cats but moved to London to expand the Family Cheese Business. Missy Left her relative in Paris whom the cats describe as Aunt Florence.

Inca (The lead character) has figured out that a career in being a detective is worth taking .Inca is expressed in the book imagining of being the best detective not only in London but also in other parts of Europe like Paris where they came from. Inca begins the detective job by starting to write a daily diary of occurrences in his life during the Christmas season that they are in. This daily diary by Inca is what forms the phases of this book which is written in daily countdowns towards Christmas.

What I liked most about the book are the moral themes that present themselves in educating the reader to cherish important values that form the fabric of what I would describe as a stable society. First moral lesson is seen when Missy notices that Fromage hid some cheese in the house so as to eat the same during the night, Missy explains to Fromage on the need to do things as per the house rules and this helped me as a reader to mediate on the role the family plays and nurtures in correcting the behavior of children. Another moral lesson is seen when Inca is seen to carefully observe when Missy analyzes the progress of the family business on the laptop during some evenings and I thought that this was a clear moral lesson for parents to introduce the aspect of work and wealth creation to their children in a friendly way that ignites the interest of the children to participate in the same.

I got laughing while reading on how Missy (the human) would wash her cats, brush their fur and ensure that the cats stick to a ‘good ‘diet. This reminded me of my mum while we were growing up and how she would prevent us from eating the stuff we wanted for the sake of our health.

The book is a representation of the modern life of children living in Estates and that is a good thing hence I would give the book a 3 out of 4 grading, however the I would have preferred if the book would have elicited the challenges that the same modern day children in Estate experience for instance the use of electronic gadgets by children and cyber bullying a vice that has emerged today among our children who are online.

Diary of a Snoopy Cat
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like David_92's review? Post a comment saying so!
Latest Review: "And Then I Met Margaret" by Rob White
kdstrack
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: The Savior
Bookshelf Size: 530
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kdstrack.html
Latest Review: How To Be Successful by M. Curtis McCoy

Post by kdstrack »

Yeah, this is definitely a great book for cat lovers - of all ages! I agree with you that there were parts of the book that had me laughing out loud (the illustration of Cyril!!). Great review.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”