Official Review: Diary of a Snoopy Cat by R.F. Kristi

Please use this sub-forum to discuss both middle-grade and younger children's books, including picture books, easy readers, and children's chapter books. Topics for books aimed at children 12 and under go in this forum.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
story3girl
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-story3girl.html
Latest Review: And Then I Met Margaret by Rob White

Re: Official Review: Diary of a Snoopy Cat by R.F. Kristi

Post by story3girl »

I will have to make sure to check this one out. I was wary, but you make it sound appealing!
ReyvrexQuestor Reyes
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 5">Raven's Peak</a>
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 299
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-reyvrexquestor-reyes.html
Latest Review: Journey by Lindsay Schuster
Reading Device: 1400697484

Post by ReyvrexQuestor Reyes »

These cat stories are really interesting. It is a queer fact in history that Egyptians were known to even worship cats, and that is another instance of cats being the amazing animals that they are. This book has these lovable characters and is partly illustrated, acquiring another plus factor for its enjoyability. These really appeal to the kid in me. Although I might add that now I am more fascinated by Catwoman, or Catgirl being the younger version. They are still of the Feline family, however. Thanks for your enjoyable review.
"In the beginning was the word.........John 1:1"
...To delineate the times that lovers miss,
...A thousand dreams can't beat a single kiss.

-reyvrex (Love Sonnet 107)
tmazonga
Currently Reading: Last Seen
Bookshelf Size: 26

Post by tmazonga »

This book is naturally suitable for children who by their very nature relish fantasy. Whether it`s also suitable for animal lovers is in my opinion debatable. Normally, animal lovers want animals to stay animals and not be cast in any other mould. That`s why they protect animal rights.

Another issue I have with the book is its title, `Diary of a Snoopy Cat`. This is because according to the Nnemonic Dictionary, to be snoopy is to be “offensively curious or inquisitive; and WWW.Dictionary.Com corroborates this view by defining the word “snoopy” as being “characterized by meddlesome curiosity; prying”. Strictly speaking, are cats as we know them to be, any of that? Aren`t they rather discreet, clean, active, playful, smart, intelligent, cudly, affectionate, sleepy, stretchy and agile?

Having said that, I must add that if author R.F. Kristi intentionally set out to create personified characters,then the author succeeded. In that case, I would place him/her in the same category as George Orwell (1903-1950) whose book, `Animal Farm` (1945) has animals as its characters; Lewis Carroll (1932-1898), whose classic book `Alice in Wonderland` (1865) features animal characters; and the French fabulist Jean de la Fontaine (1621-1695) who published fables; and the Greek writer Aesop (c. 620 – 564 BCE) whose `Aesop`s Fables` made him very famous.
Ashiyya Tariq
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 235
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ashiyya-tariq.html
Latest Review: Deadly Waters: The Vietnam Naval War And Its Aftermath by Randy Miller
Reading Device: PDF

Post by Ashiyya Tariq »

Izesicle wrote: 20 Dec 2017, 12:01
Sarah Tariq wrote: 17 Dec 2017, 11:37 The book sounds good and the review is also good.
Thank you, Sarah. I love the quote in your signature.
Thanks for liking my signature, Izesicle.Do check out my review.
Make your ideals high enough to inspire you and low enough to encourage you.

📕📖📰📓📕
Scrawling Pen
Currently Reading: Snape
Bookshelf Size: 138
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-scrawling-pen.html
Latest Review: The Queen of Xana by Fred Pilcher

Post by Scrawling Pen »

Great review! I agree--the characters were very entertaining; Kristi did a great job bringing them to life. I gave it the same rating. Unfortunately, I just found too many comma and punctuation errors. Otherwise, it was very enjoyable!
Doxiedoc12
Currently Reading: Solaris Seethes
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-doxiedoc12.html
Latest Review: "Solaris Seethes (Solaris Saga book 1)" by Janet McNulty
Reading Device: B00KC6I06S

Post by Doxiedoc12 »

Thank you for the review! It sounds like a book I can read to my nieces! They love animals and having the animals solving a mystery sounds like fun!
Latest Review: "Solaris Seethes (Solaris Saga book 1)" by Janet McNulty
JessNWheeler
Favorite Author: Ruth Rendell
Currently Reading: The Girl Next Door: A Novel
Bookshelf Size: 103
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jessnwheeler.html
Latest Review: Growing Up in the Dragonfly Zone by Marlana DeMarco Hogan
Reading Device: B075QN8NDH
fav_author_id: 3998

Post by JessNWheeler »

My kids and I enjoyed this book too. It’s a fun and suspenseful fable. I appreciate the themes and lessons of determination and the importance of friendship. Great review!
We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars. - Oscar Wilde
Kinkini
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kinkini.html
Latest Review: The Embalmer by Vincent Zandri

Post by Kinkini »

My 4-years-old son loves cats and kittens. He is a natural when it comes to loving and petting animals. When I chanced upon this book I felt a bit apprehensive about reading the same. However, this review helped me change my mind. I did read the entire book and was really surprised by the story. Although there are ideas that he may not understand right away, I can always modify the story and narrate. Excited about and looking forward to our bedtime story session now.
Regards,
Kinkini
A Bookworm
PaigeA
Currently Reading: brothers karamazov
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-paigea.html
Latest Review: Boom! A Revolting Situation by Thomas Richard Harry

Post by PaigeA »

I agree that the characters are very difficult to keep up with! Maybe it is easier if you've read the previous books in the series.
PaigeA
Currently Reading: brothers karamazov
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-paigea.html
Latest Review: Boom! A Revolting Situation by Thomas Richard Harry

Post by PaigeA »

I really enjoyed reading this review! Very well written. You completely captured the personality of the book.
SomaKenya
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-somakenya.html
Latest Review: Mixed Blessings by J.M. Muse

Post by SomaKenya »

I enjoyed the review, surely deserved an official online book club.orgBook review.

How do you place the book's cover on the review page and the sharing icons? I would love to do the same in future.

My favourite reviewer thus far.
Italiansweety1982
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-italiansweety1982.html
Latest Review: Four Funny Potatoes! by Len Foley

Post by Italiansweety1982 »

I just read this one. I had never read the other ones in the series. I did enjoy it, it's humorous and unique, but there are a lot of characters to keep track of! That part was difficult. Definitely a book an adult and child can read together over several nights.
PeterRabitt20
Currently Reading: Verity
Bookshelf Size: 127
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-peterrabitt20.html
Latest Review: The Power Of Our Inner Gremlins by Suzanne Daplyn

Post by PeterRabitt20 »

This was my first book in the series. I thought the characters were adorable. There was so much going on in the story.
PeterRabitt20
Currently Reading: Verity
Bookshelf Size: 127
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-peterrabitt20.html
Latest Review: The Power Of Our Inner Gremlins by Suzanne Daplyn

Post by PeterRabitt20 »

I loved your cat puns. I couldn't have done better. Your review was lively and easy to read. I also loved the animal characters but also had to keep track of them.
Salah bourouba
In It Together VIP
Favorite Author: Jane Austen
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 136
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-salah-bourouba.html
Latest Review: Not Fishy Enough by Briton Kolber
fav_author_id: 2379

Post by Salah bourouba »

cute review starter, cracked me up.
Recite in the name of your Lord who created [*] Created man from a clinging substance [*] Recite, and your Lord is the most Generous [*] Who taught by the pen [*] Taught man that which he knew not.
The Quran. Surah Al Alaq

Return to “Children's Books”