Review: Christmas With Snowman Paul

Please use this sub-forum to discuss both middle-grade and younger children's books, including picture books, easy readers, and children's chapter books. Topics for books aimed at children 12 and under go in this forum.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
brucearrington
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-brucearrington.html
Latest Review: "Puffy and the Formidable Foe" by Marie Lepkowski and Ann Marie Hannon

Review: Christmas With Snowman Paul

Post by brucearrington »

Christmas With Snowman Paul, written by Yossi Lapid, is an illustrated Christmas book for kids. It centers around the themes of family, friendship, inclusion, and helping others, just to name a few. Snowman Paul feels left out of the family festivities and the boy goes to work trying to make things right.
Do you remember the TV cartoon “Frosty the Snowman” while you were growing up? This book brings me back to those days, with all the fun and winsomeness of a young family eager to celebrate the Christmas holiday. However, in this case the snowman doesn’t melt so there’s no cause for wet eyes.
The fantasy is the living snowman, of course, but also the readiness of all family members (Dad and Mom included) to join in without suspending their belief. This works well for the young readers, and shows that the family as a whole comes together to support and include others in their family time. I appreciate how the theme of Christmas united with giving and loving others, and the author did not use preachy messages that often work to undermine the true intention of the story.
Watercolors are masterfully used in Christmas With Snowman Paul, and will be sure to draw in the reader with all of its details and bright colors. This type of artwork with its soft tones is the perfect match for the seasonal story.
Yossi Lapid has written a light-hearted, fun-filled story that kids are sure to treasure for years to come. Highly recommended.
Last edited by gali on 18 Nov 2017, 01:34, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Edited out "Official"
Latest Review: "Puffy and the Formidable Foe" by Marie Lepkowski and Ann Marie Hannon
popanthony
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by popanthony »

I personally think the book " Christmas with snowman Paul" is a great story and will fit in well for the christmas
Tars
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 350

Post by Tars »

I must say this book seems to be great choice for children. Awesome illustrations and sound plot, and not just meaninglessness wandering. Hope author will continue this series.

Return to “Children's Books”