Official Review: The Worst Pet Peeve Ever

Please use this sub-forum to discuss both middle-grade and younger children's books, including picture books, easy readers, and children's chapter books. Topics for books aimed at children 12 and under go in this forum.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
jaliper
Currently Reading: The Healer
Bookshelf Size: 598

Re: Official Review: The Worst Pet Peeve Ever

Post by jaliper »

I think this is a very enjoyable read especially for kids. Thanks for tbe review
trevdev
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by trevdev »

This book looks to me like a walk in the park for kids and adults alike. This looks like it attracts more readers from different age groups. I'd love to read this to children and get a good laughter with them while seeing the logics of it all.
jennyd2003
Currently Reading: Kind Nepenthe
Bookshelf Size: 126
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jennyd2003.html
Latest Review: The Witch of Endor by RK Wheeler

Post by jennyd2003 »

This sounds like a really fun book to read. I'll definitely make time to read this and show it to my kids as well. It sounds just like something my son would love.
Frenjie
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 165
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-frenjie.html
Latest Review: "The Dancing Barber" by AC Michael

Post by Frenjie »

I didn't find this interesting at first. But after reading your cool review (which I enjoyed), I've had a change of mind. The amusing storyline, illustrations and rhyming prose really sound fantastic. I bet this one's a fun read.
" Desire is the starting point of all achievement, not a hope, not a wish but a keen pulsating desire which transcends everything." - Napoleon Hill
Latest Review: "The Dancing Barber" by AC Michael
ladycraic
Currently Reading: Natural Cures: Stay Healthy Naturally
Bookshelf Size: 239
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ladycraic.html
Latest Review: When War Ends by Patricia Tomlin

Post by ladycraic »

Great review! I agree - the rhythmic prose made The Worst Pet Peeve Ever an engaging and fun read! I can just imagine reading it to a group of children, and watching their faces as they concentrate on the thrilling adventure of a neighborhood with pet peeves. This was a fun book, and I'm thankful to the author for making it free!
Quinto
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 704
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-quinto.html
Latest Review: The Longfellah's Son: An Almost True Irish Story by Michael Cassidy

Post by Quinto »

Sounds fun read for youngsters with a witty, silly storyline. I enjoyed reading your review.
Nancy+readmoney
Currently Reading: Out of the Ashes
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nancy-readmoney.html
Latest Review: "Yesterday" by Samyann

Post by Nancy+readmoney »

The Worst Pet Peeve Ever
This would be a good choice for early readers. There were a few choppy areas but over all a good read. While I was reading a few class activities came to mind.
Latest Review: "Yesterday" by Samyann
Ashiyya Tariq
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 235
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ashiyya-tariq.html
Latest Review: Deadly Waters: The Vietnam Naval War And Its Aftermath by Randy Miller
Reading Device: PDF

Post by Ashiyya Tariq »

This interesting story and colorful illustrations would surely attract children. Review is great.
Make your ideals high enough to inspire you and low enough to encourage you.

๐Ÿ“•๐Ÿ“–๐Ÿ“ฐ๐Ÿ““๐Ÿ“•
liway9100
Currently Reading: The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo
Bookshelf Size: 14

Post by liway9100 »

This book iscute, funny, entertaining. I am a mother of 2 young children. Books like these make up their day! The illustration is so homey, the characters are depicted in a very relate-able way. The flow of words are catchy and playful. In the middle of the story I seriously thought the ending would something like the children being the "pets" already or something like that. The ending of the story is funny and memorable and will definitely be the topic for many dinner times and cuddle times for days to end.
Insomniac07
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 62
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-insomniac07.html
Latest Review: Niching Up by Chris Dreyer

Post by Insomniac07 »

I love any type of puns and other play on words so I can't wait to see what happens in this story.
Amy_Jackson
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading: The In-Between
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amy-jackson.html
Latest Review: A Voice from Heaven by Alexander V Girman & Cynthia J Girman

Post by Amy_Jackson »

Awww.. I'm loving this review. A simple book, with a simple story and simple illustrations, yet entertaining and passing on a simple message to a family, not just the children. Great!
Emmansky00
Currently Reading: And Then I Met Margaret
Bookshelf Size: 11

Post by Emmansky00 »

I love the book because It has so many story lessons ๐Ÿ˜˜๐Ÿ˜˜
MzDweebers
Currently Reading: Come Sundown
Bookshelf Size: 10

Post by MzDweebers »

This review really makes you want to read about the "Pet Peeves". I know I would like to read it, I get the feeling my kids would love it.

My middle daughter is autistic and loves catchy rhythm but I am not sure if she would get a tic about the fleas! Right now she is fixated on clowns because of the scary commercials on t.v.
Azeline Arcenal
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 119
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-zenalei7.html
Latest Review: Christmas in the Kingdom of Kool by Joan J. Harris

Post by Azeline Arcenal »

I sampled this book and I liked the illustrations that went with the book. Although this book is written for children, I think I will add this book to my reading list. Great job on your review!
โ€œThe only important thing in a book is the meaning that it has for you.โ€ - W. Somerset Maugham
dragonet07
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 23031">The Beauty of the Fall</a>
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 1718
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dragonet07.html
Latest Review: Creating Literary Stories: A Fiction Writer's Guide by William H. Coles

Post by dragonet07 »

This book sounds cute and really funny. I especially love the play on pet peeve. I'll probably wait until I have kids of my own and read it with them, but it looks like it would be worth reading just for a laugh even as an adult. Thank you for the great review.
The more that you read,
The more things you will know.
The more that you learn,
The more places you'll go.
~Dr. Seuss

Return to โ€œChildren's Booksโ€