Jesus Loves You By Christine Topjian

Please use this sub-forum to discuss both middle-grade and younger children's books, including picture books, easy readers, and children's chapter books. Topics for books aimed at children 12 and under go in this forum.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Birdlady1950
Currently Reading: Let's Meet God
Bookshelf Size: 112
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-birdlady1950.html
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Jesus Loves You By Christine Topjian

Post by Birdlady1950 »

Christian Children's Book
23 pages

STORY-LINE JESUS LOVES YOU BY CHRISTINE TOPJIAN:

Jesus Loves You is a well-written affirmation of Jesus love for us from conception forward. Author Christine Topjian takes the reader through each step of life; reaffirming Jesus' love and guidance. She highlights Jesus loves us when we are afraid, lonely, scared, or insecure. As well as through the hard teenage years and broken hearts. Even when confused or intimidated, Jesus still loves us. He loves us when we grow up, marry and have children of our own. As well as when we must make hard decisions.

As Topjian brought Jesus Loves You to a close, she skillfully gave the message of Jesus continuing love through the good and bad in our lives. She highlighted his one desire's to share our experiences by giving us support and love. Jesus never leaves us alone. He is always by our side. This is a message every child and adult should hear.

MY OPINION:

The message in this book's needed in today's world. Topjian clearly and simply showed Jesus' love for each one of us. A large percentage of children do not attend church in today's society. This book is a beautiful way to introduce Jesus and his love. I felt this book's geared towards children of ages 8 to 12. However, an adult would be able to simplify the language and concept for younger children. They could explain the concept of growth, aging, and the problems we encounter on a daily basis. I found taking the story from conception to old age a fantastic way to show Jesus never leaves us. He's walking beside us our entire lives.

The pictures accompanying Jesus Loves You are cute drawings which a child will relate. Children do not view art from an adult viewpoint but a child's perspective. They see the wide-open mouth that's screaming or the turned down mouth which is sad. Sophisticated pictures are not needed to get the point of the story across to a child. I would not hesitate to give this book to a child with the caveat mom or an adult would have to read
and explain the story.

JESUS LOVES YOU RECOMMENDATION: STARS 4

I gave this book four stars for concept, premise, and development.

ALSO, PLEASE NOTE:

Additionally, I purchased this book and chose to voluntarily review the book with honest Children’s Christian book reviews. Lastly, book reviews of any novel are dependent on the book review author’s opinion. Consequently, all book reviews online and on my blog, are my opinions. Also, ARC's do not influence my opinions or voluntary Christian book reviews.
Attachments
41pUuulJCLL.jpg
41pUuulJCLL.jpg (25.53 KiB) Viewed 978 times
Rosemary Wright
Bookshelves Moderator
Favorite Author: Sydney Sheldon
Favorite Book: Spanky
Currently Reading: Culture Man
Bookshelf Size: 689
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rosemary-wright.html
Latest Review: Gods Whisper Always Near by Sharon Williams
Reading Device: Android

Post by Rosemary Wright »

Good review, great book. I love the theme; making kids aware of Jesus' love for them early is a wonderful thing. Thanks for the review.
rcarr13
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rcarr13.html
Latest Review: Weaponized Prayer Missiles Against Infirmities. by Dr. Omolara Olaniyi

Post by rcarr13 »

Wow, thank you for this review. I will have to get this one for my children.
Carolreads30
Favorite Author: Adriana Trigiani
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-carolreads30.html
Latest Review: Strong Heart by Charlie Sheldon
fav_author_id: 8071

Post by Carolreads30 »

This is the type of book that children need these days. You are very correct in saying that many children do not attend church and there needs to be a way for them to learn of the love of Christ. I am thankful that there are still authors that will write these types of books for children.
Mbalewechinonso
Currently Reading: The Date Farm
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mbalewechinonso.html
Latest Review: The MISOGI Method by Jody B. Miller

Post by Mbalewechinonso »

I really need this book which talks about Jesus' love. Thanks anyway.
Ria710
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 166
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ria710.html
Latest Review: The Magic Lantern by Charles Townsend

Post by Ria710 »

Thank you for your wonderful review, this sounds like an interesting book.
Mln
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Mln »

I believe that this book will be able to help children and help them know more about Jesus who loves us in our daily life.Thanks for such a book

Return to “Children's Books”