Review of The Tale of Two Fawns

Please use this sub-forum to discuss both middle-grade and younger children's books, including picture books, easy readers, and children's chapter books. Topics for books aimed at children 12 and under go in this forum.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Victory Ositaorah
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 116
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-victory-ositaorah.html
Latest Review: Is This Really Happening? by Amber N. Wilson, LCSW, LCDC

Review of The Tale of Two Fawns

Post by Victory Ositaorah »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "The Tale of Two Fawns" by Lauren Scott.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

As they say, every life matters, and this does not imply that just human lives matter. Life is sacred for plants and animals, yet many species are becoming extinct. We, as humans, have a significant role to play, and The Tale of Two Fawns: A Unique Gift of Destiny is a true story of the author Lauren Scott's family's adventures with two fawns named Amy and Andrew.

Lauren was six and lived peacefully with her parents and dog Simba in Mount Juliet, Tennessee, amidst the COVID pandemic. On a particular day, her grandparents, Babi and Didi, who lived a few miles away, came over to help around the house. While Lauren took a break from work, she heard Babi shout, and she rushed out to find out that there were fawns in their backyard that Didi saw as "a unique gift of destiny," and the family accepted responsibility for their care. They had a lot of questions, did some research, made some calls, and gained some knowledge, and this book would enlighten us on how the family handled this development during the COVID pandemic.

This book is generally appealing, as the author has put a lot of effort into making this book very enlightening and interesting, as there are few names of trees mentioned in this book, which would teach children about some names of trees. Secondly, adding translations of Russian words used in this book helped maintain the book's flow. We learned about wildlife rehabilitation, and it was lovely that Lauren's mom took pictures of the fawns. Their level of bonding, particularly between Lauren and the fawns, was heartwarming and got me sentimental. The book also helps us understand the importance of some animals staying in their natural habitat. Readers could learn the need for kindness and caring for animals even in hard times and what to do when encountering an animal in a similar situation. I appreciate the "helpful wildlife tips" in the book and enjoyed looking at the images of their memories with Amy and Andrew.

I did not find anything to dislike about this book, and because of the positives listed above, I rate this book 5 out of 5 stars. I did not encounter any errors while reading this book, which shows the book was meticulously edited. I recommend this book to young and adult readers because it offers vast knowledge about the importance of wildlife.

The Tale of Two Fawns
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Areena David
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17

Post by Areena David »

GOOD
I think it's a wonderful children's novel, a delightful and educational work that combines personal storytelling with deep knowledge about wildlife and the importance of animal care. It provides significant educational value for children by teaching them tree names and offering helpful wildlife tips, while also enhancing their awareness of the importance of preserving animals in their natural habitats.
Sandre Lamar
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sandre-lamar.html
Latest Review: In It Together by Eckhart Aurelius Hughes

Post by Sandre Lamar »

“The Tale of Two Fawns" by Lauren Scott offers a heartwarming glimpse into her family's compassionate journey with two fawns during challenging times. It's a touching tale of empathy, learning, and the beauty of wildlife conservation.
Slippy Spectrum
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-slippy-spectrum.html
Latest Review: Sister B by David Charles Hart

Post by Slippy Spectrum »

As a native Mississippian, I must say that "The Tale of Two Fawns: A Unique Gift of Destiny" seems like an absolutely delightful read, y'all! This heartfelt true story about Amy and Andrew, two fawns cared for by Lauren Scott's family during the COVID pandemic, is both enlightening and heartwarming. I appreciate how the author teaches us about wildlife rehabilitation and the importance of animals in their natural habitats. With helpful tips and beautiful images, this book is definitely a 5 out of 5 stars for me. I highly recommend it for readers of all ages, as it imparts valuable lessons about kindness and care for our furry friends. Grab a copy and enjoy this unique adventure, y'all! Complex relationships, felt real and relatable.

Return to “Children's Books”