Official Review: Halloween with Snowman Paul by Yossi Lapid

Please use this sub-forum to discuss both middle-grade and younger children's books, including picture books, easy readers, and children's chapter books. Topics for books aimed at children 12 and under go in this forum.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
TheTrueNyree
Currently Reading: McDowell
Bookshelf Size: 77
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-thetruenyree.html
Latest Review: The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci by Belle Ami

Re: Official Review: Halloween with Snowman Paul by Yossi Lapid

Post by TheTrueNyree »

Thank you for such a detailed review! "The illustrations really stood out to me; each one is a colorful, full two-page spread. The large size added a lot of enjoyment to the story as the illustrator incorporated many fun details to hold the attention of readers both young and old. Children and adults will marvel at the spooky settings, emotive characters and various creatures found throughout the picture book. The many details will have readers lingering on each page to ensure nothing is missed".I think that having great illustrations in a children's book is very important. When i tutor in reading I use some illustrations to ask questions before starting the next page. I'm asking them to recall what they just read in the pictures. This way they can better absorb what they are actullay reading through a short discussion. Its seems to work. This sounds like it would be a nice read for young children.
lavellan
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 60
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lavellan.html
Latest Review: encoded by Richard Nedbal

Post by lavellan »

Thanks for your review! It is very unique that a snowman is participating in Halloween festivities; I've never heard of something like that before! The illustrations look very eye-catching and spooky. I'm sure young readers will appreciate the rhyming included in the story. I wonder how the witch and aliens factor into Snowman Paul and the young boy's adventures.
Nandy
Currently Reading: Cat Detectives in the Korean Peninsula
Bookshelf Size: 170

Post by Nandy »

Great review. Congrats on it. The book really does seem to be interesting and something the my kid might like. He loves snowmen and also I think that he may like the illustrations. Apart from this review I went through the sample provided at Amazon and the illustrations and pictures are really very colourful and fun.
cjeanallen
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by cjeanallen »

I enjoyed reading this informative review. I know a few young readers who would love to share in the Halloween adventures!
jessinikkip
Currently Reading: Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time
Bookshelf Size: 445
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jessinikkip.html
Latest Review: Misery Loves Company by Paul Marino
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by jessinikkip »

I love seeing when kid's books are easily enjoyed by the kids they're written for. So many try to use such big words that I wonder how kids can enjoy them. Glad to see this is an excellent choice for young ones to read about Halloween.
Jgideon
Favorite Book: Gates to Tangier
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 253
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jgideon.html
Latest Review: Sundays with Sister ssj by Anthony Happy LaRiccia

Post by Jgideon »

A kid's book with vibrant engaging illustrations sounds great. I will be checking this out.
Mely918
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 39
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mely918.html
Latest Review: I'm Going to Kill that Cat by F. Della Notte

Post by Mely918 »

I was a big fan of picture books when I was younger! It's great that the illustrator incorporated so many details into the drawing for this book. I also like that the author maintains a simple, yet interactive tone for this book. I agree, a book like this is perfect for young kids and parents. The plot is also very unique. I never would have thought of a snowman in Halloween. Thank you so much for an insightful review!
Charmaine_216
Currently Reading: McDowell
Bookshelf Size: 9

Post by Charmaine_216 »

Seems to be an interesting read, especially for the kids. Although, the kid in me would like to be spooked too!
bellaterrabooks
Currently Reading: On the Rez
Bookshelf Size: 256
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bellaterrabooks.html
Latest Review: McDowell by William H. Coles

Post by bellaterrabooks »

A cross-sectional holiday account of a snowman during Halloween is a unique and novel concept, especially for a snowman who dressing in costume and participates in traditional Halloween activities. In an effort to create a slight amount of suspense while maintaining a light level spooky story this story is targeted towards the young demographic. Meanwhile, adults and older children can still relish in the comical nuance of a snowman who dresses in costume and participates in traditional Halloween activities when this symbol would be a typical winter or Christmas theme. The children’s book presents a fun read for all ages.
Ueli+
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by Ueli+ »

Halloween with Snowman Paul authored by
Yossi Lapid. From reading the reviews, this is definitely a book that I would purchase. The descriptions including “joy-filled”,
“lyrical narratives”, and, inclusive of all ethnicities & genders is of great interest to me. The fact that it is an interactive read for parents and children with beautiful illustrations sounds like a great book to keep; as well as to gift to others. I also was taken when one reviewer noted that it’s fun to read and basic so that children can eventually read it on their own. I’m looking forward to reading it and gifting it for birthdays & the holidays!
Dori Lee
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dori-lee.html
Latest Review: House of Dads by June Gillam
Reading Device: 1400697484

Post by Dori Lee »

Great review. I always loved reading to my neices and nephews. This sounds like a book they would live for their kids now.
Marissa Michael
Currently Reading: Carrie
Bookshelf Size: 585
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-marissa-michael.html
Latest Review: Heartaches 3 by H.M. Irwing
2024 Reading Goal: 5
2024 Goal Completion: 60%

Post by Marissa Michael »

Snowman in halloween? That is incredibly unique and creative. This will potentially serve as inspiration for children to keep on doing something creative and to think outside the box. I myself an adult is attracted to this book.
Thanks for your thorough review.
"Read in order to live." ~Gustave Flaubert
"Fiction reveals truths that reality obscures." ~Ralph Waldo Emerson
jemgirl202
Currently Reading: Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
Bookshelf Size: 870
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jemgirl202.html
Latest Review: My Angel My Hero by Brenda E. Mcdaniel

Post by jemgirl202 »

This sounds like such a fun book that my kids would love. The illustrations look amazing and I love that the writing is lyrical for kids to enjoy. Congrats on the book of the day! Great review!
revna01
Currently Reading: Storm Front
Bookshelf Size: 143
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-revna01.html
Latest Review: Rufus: A Boy's Extraordinary Experiences in the Civil War by Phoebe Sheldon

Post by revna01 »

This certainly sounds like an entertaining and festive book for children to enjoy on their own or with parents. The treehouse party is a fun touch, as is the snowman. I like that the narrative is rhythmic and the vibrant illustrations complete the fun. Great review.
Mickey-busolo
Currently Reading: Adrift
Bookshelf Size: 3

Post by Mickey-busolo »

Good book.The feeling of what is going to happen to the boy and snowman as they go to the tree house is chilling,the anticipation and waiting of which character is going to pop up.
The story is captivating,good to both children and adults

Return to “Children's Books”