Official Review: Halloween with Snowman Paul by Yossi Lapid

Please use this sub-forum to discuss both middle-grade and younger children's books, including picture books, easy readers, and children's chapter books. Topics for books aimed at children 12 and under go in this forum.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
ObsessedBookNerd
Favorite Book: Moon Called
Currently Reading: Morning Is Always Nigh
Bookshelf Size: 882
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-obsessedbooknerd.html
Latest Review: 30th Century: Escape (First Edition) by Mark Kingston Levin, PhD

Re: Official Review: Halloween with Snowman Paul by Yossi Lapid

Post by ObsessedBookNerd »

It sounds like an interesting story. The author incorporated a snowman into a Halloween themed book. Even though it is a children's book I want to read the story. I think I would first read the book from the beginning before I start reading the entire series.
PriyankaBhowmick
Favorite Book: Damn the cancer
Currently Reading: The Face of Fear
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-priyanka-bhowmick.html
Latest Review: White Night by J.J. Holt

Post by PriyankaBhowmick »

Halloween with Snowman Paul by Yossi Lapid-- cover picture looking so cute. Name of this book is so creepy that's why anyone will be attracted by this name and this cute cover picture. This one is such a great for children and who always find new kind of book. Simple language of this book is easy to understand. I love this book.
Amanda Nicole Newton
Currently Reading: East Wind, 2nd Edition
Bookshelf Size: 48
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amanda-nicole-newton.html
Latest Review: Shadow's Adventure Home by Kathy Kovar

Post by Amanda Nicole Newton »

Rarely do I find a children's book that can keep the attention of an adult as well as keep them entertained. This sounds like a book that I would love to read to my niece's and nephews who LOVE Halloween.
Mad Hatter: "Have I gone mad?"
Alice: "I'm afraid so. You're entirely bonkers. But I'll tell you a secret. All the best people are.”
jaliper
Currently Reading: The Healer
Bookshelf Size: 598

Post by jaliper »

I really enjoy reading kids' books, especially if it has colorful illustrations. it captivates young readers and get them excited for Halloween...even if it's summer time! :) Great review!
dragonet07
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 23031">The Beauty of the Fall</a>
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 1718
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dragonet07.html
Latest Review: Creating Literary Stories: A Fiction Writer's Guide by William H. Coles

Post by dragonet07 »

This book sounds adorable, and I think that parents who watched Frosty the Snowman as a kid will love reading this with their own children. I also love Halloween, so this will be a great book to remember when I have kids of my own. Thank you for the helpful review.
The more that you read,
The more things you will know.
The more that you learn,
The more places you'll go.
~Dr. Seuss
luparo
Currently Reading: McDowell
Bookshelf Size: 3

Post by luparo »

A picture book for children, quite impressive and every young kid should get a chance to have it, but for the adults or somehow grown up kids, it's not that impressive since the words used on each page are very few to capture their morale as they look at the pictures.
liftedbooks
Currently Reading: The Ansgar Treasury
Bookshelf Size: 55
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-liftedbooks.html
Latest Review: The Embalmer by Vincent Zandri

Post by liftedbooks »

This sounds like a wonderful book for both boys and girls. Young readers will surely appreciate the none-complex read. I want to read it too! Great review.
Renalda C Williams
Currently Reading: It
Bookshelf Size: 19

Post by Renalda C Williams »

Halloween with Snowman Paul by Yossi Lapid definitely sounds intriguing by its title alone. I admit that I had to do a double take when reading the sample pages. Halloween and Snowmen don’t usually go together and I found the content refreshing and amusing. The artwork is whimsical and friendly in its movement and color scheme. Definitely a unique addition to a children’s library.
alihassangondal5
Bookshelf Size: 0
2024 Reading Goal: 711
2024 Goal Completion: 0%

Post by alihassangondal5 »

I was delighted to see a new release in the snowman paul series because I have enjoyed this author's funny character and memorable illustrations. Halloween with snowman paul by yossi Lapid is scary book for 3-9 years old kids. This story tell tales of courage and exploration,gentleness and warmth,curiosity and questioning. Parents and teachers will enjoy cleaver rhymes and valid imagination. Pasek's illustrations are the perfect match for the aliens, dragons, spooky magic. This book is full of watercolor illustrations which are very soft and expressive. I will recommend this book from 3 to 9 years old childrens. But I am sure adults will enjoy this book more then Childrens. You Have Done A great work.
Sanju Lali
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: Goodbye, Rudy Kazoody
Bookshelf Size: 445
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sanju-lali.html
Latest Review: The Unfakeable Code® by Tony Jeton Selimi
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Post by Sanju Lali »

The review gives the impression that this book is targeted to the young audience and writing style is also suited for the young people to understand the story easily without needing much help from elders. I feel amazed with this story as i find the snowman is enjoying Halloween and the picture also looks quite festive.
life is only knowing the unknown, we can do this by reading books easily- Online book club is a great place for this. This is what I believe.
jennyd2003
Currently Reading: Kind Nepenthe
Bookshelf Size: 126
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jennyd2003.html
Latest Review: The Witch of Endor by RK Wheeler

Post by jennyd2003 »

Good review. Really good book. I love Snowman Paul!
Sicily Joy
Currently Reading: Becoming
Bookshelf Size: 906
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sicily-joy.html
Latest Review: What's Your Favorite Color? by Amber L Lassiter

Post by Sicily Joy »

The book sounds like a like of fun with the rhythming and spooky characters. I love that the book is so inclusive. It is important that children books have diverse characters. Thank you for your great review.
Moddesser Elahi
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: The Power of Now
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 85
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-moddesser-elahi.html
Latest Review: Then Comes The Flood by John Payne

Post by Moddesser Elahi »

I went through the sample on Amazon. An entrancing illustration-loaded children's book. Cheers :) :)
PANACEA - Please do not overvalue your body and mind! Just be life! :dance:
Hiruni Bhagya 81
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 128
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hiruni-bhagya-81.html
Latest Review: Randy Love...at your service by Shay Carter

Post by Hiruni Bhagya 81 »

Even if I haven't read a picture book in a long time, I think I might enjoy this book as I still watch kiddie cartoons when I have the time. Also, I think the author has done an amazing job with the book, by delivering something little ones might adore.
Samanthajayne12
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-samanthajayne12.html
Latest Review: Escape by Mark Kingston Levin, PhD
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Samanthajayne12 »

Such a great book for young children. The illustrations are exciting and eye-catching and it's such a unique and fun story. It's good that it can be read by a parent or by the children themselves, I'm sure this is a great introduction to reading.

Return to “Children's Books”