Official Review: Christmas with Snowman Paul by Yossi Lapid

Please use this sub-forum to discuss both middle-grade and younger children's books, including picture books, easy readers, and children's chapter books. Topics for books aimed at children 12 and under go in this forum.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Zimall
Favorite Author: Atilla K. Zengin
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-zimall.html
Latest Review: The Sparrow by Denna M. Davis
fav_author_id: 156933

Re: Official Review: Christmas with Snowman Paul by Yossi Lapid

Post by Zimall »

I am an adult but still love children books and stories and would love to read this book. Thumbs up for a good review 👍
"All That is Gold Does Not Glitter
Not All Those Who Wander Are Lost"
collins2018
Currently Reading: McDowell
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by collins2018 »

I love cute little Christmas books. I had this great Christmas record I listened to growing up. It was like an old time audiobook. Sounds like a cute story
Shas F
Currently Reading: Monsters in the Hallway
Bookshelf Size: 255
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shas-f.html
Latest Review: The Engine Woman's Light by Laurel Anne Hill

Post by Shas F »

Christmas with Snowman Paul by Yossi Lapid is an illustrated colored children's book about the importance of kindness and social inclusion. Here, Paul is lonely, instead of anticipating Christmas with joy, because he knows he can't join the festivities inside the house. A boy Dan finds a way to include Paul in the celebration and cheer him up. Great Christmas gift for kids 4 to 8 years old! Again, Joanna Pasek does great illustrations for the Snowman Paul series, making the characters' emotions evident and enhancing their thoughts and words. She also captures the festive environment of Christmas quite well, which contrasts effectively with Snowman Paul's initial loneliness. A rhyme provided in the Amazon sample conveying Snowman Paul's isolation is memorable and one that kids would love to chant in their own role-playing game.

Reviewer MisTri has a great suggestion when she learns that the other characters in the book are unnamed: Let kids name the characters as a fun activity. She also says the book can be enjoyed by kids of various faiths, which also celebrate their holidays during the Christmas season. Cheers! This will be a fun read with your kid this Christmas.
holsam_87
Currently Reading: The Unbound Soul
Bookshelf Size: 1691
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-holsam-87.html
Latest Review: Herai by Aaron D Key
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by holsam_87 »

Such a fun book showing how important family is. I also enjoyed it because of Snowman Paul.
Samantha Holtsclaw

“We’ve all got both light and dark inside us. What matters is the part we choose to act on. That’s who we really are.”

—J. K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
Latest Review: Herai by Aaron D Key
Julehart1
Currently Reading: Adrift
Bookshelf Size: 85
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-julehart1.html
Latest Review: Killing Time ... Physics, Lust and Greed Series Book 3 by Mike Murphey

Post by Julehart1 »

This sounds like a great children’s Christmas book. I like how it’s about friendship and acceptance and has fun illustrations. It’s great how it teaches children to deal with problems. Thanks for your review.
Nephyz+254
Favorite Book: McDowell
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 43
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nephyz-254.html
Latest Review: McDowell by William H. Coles

Post by Nephyz+254 »

This book sounds like an interesting Christmas read for young kids. thanks for this review.
TheTrueNyree
Currently Reading: McDowell
Bookshelf Size: 77
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-thetruenyree.html
Latest Review: The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci by Belle Ami

Post by TheTrueNyree »

Great job on review. This definitely sounds like cute story, that children will enjoy. I like the cover illusustration a lot. "The underlying themes of this story are friendship and acceptance", which are great topics for children. I would definitely read this to a child. Congratulations on BOTD.
Enattah
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 6

Post by Enattah »

With Christmas around the corner this seems like the perfect book..good yo know that it has great illustrations.
Sumbule1
Currently Reading: The Five Musketeers
Bookshelf Size: 137
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sumbule1.html
Latest Review: Pancake Money by Finn Bell

Post by Sumbule1 »

Written by Yossi Lapid, this is a short story about snowman Paul who is very sad that he cannot spend Christmas indoors with the family. Told from the first-person point of view by an unnamed child, we see if the situation can be fixed so no one is left out on the holiday.
Beatus
Currently Reading: Homicide
Bookshelf Size: 74
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-beatus.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker

Post by Beatus »

I have a seven-year-old boy and a six-year-old girl and I see how they would love the book just by reading this review. I have to do something so they can enjoy this one during the coming holidays. Congrats for making BOTD.
K Geisinger
Currently Reading: 30th Century: Escape (First Edition)
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-k-geisinger.html
Latest Review: The Watchmaker’s Doctor by G. M. T. Schuilling

Post by K Geisinger »

This book sounds like a perfect winter time story for young children. It also gives new ideas for snowman decorating with the carrot hair. I’ll keep this story in mind and may buy it for my young daughter.
"To learn to read is to light a fire; every syllable that is spelled out is a spark." (Victor Hugo)
ekwe1
Currently Reading: Final Notice
Bookshelf Size: 3

Post by ekwe1 »

Yossi is correct this book teach how to enjoy good moments every Christmas
phyckey
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by phyckey »

A wonderful rewiev by Ms Tri, an interesting story that catches the interest of both the adults and kids. " Christmas with Snowman Paul" a must read book by all ages.
Fairyland1010
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 42

Post by Fairyland1010 »

Paul was sad and then this boy came up with a way for him to eat dinner with him and his family. Paul was in the fridge. Paul was happy . This was a good book to read and totally enjoyed reading it.
Ogoskino
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ogoskino.html
Latest Review: adventured of columbus daniel by Columbus daniel

Post by Ogoskino »

I am always of the opinion that a good children's book should be very easy to read and understand. This book seems to have those features and more. Great review.

Return to “Children's Books”