Official Review: Christmas with Snowman Paul by Yossi Lapid

Please use this sub-forum to discuss both middle-grade and younger children's books, including picture books, easy readers, and children's chapter books. Topics for books aimed at children 12 and under go in this forum.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
zarah_
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 51
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-zarah.html
Latest Review: The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci by Belle Ami

Re: Official Review: Christmas with Snowman Paul by Yossi Lapid

Post by zarah_ »

If as an adult, I enjoyed reading the book, what more for children. The illustrations were charming and the rhymes made it even more fun to read.
abbiejoice
Currently Reading: Me Before You
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-abbiejoice.html
Latest Review: End of the Last Great Kingdom by Victor Rose

Post by abbiejoice »

The cute graphics in the book can be enjoyed by children. I hope the message of the book itself helps to add more wonder and wisdom during the holiday season.
starshipsaga
Currently Reading: WatchDogs Abnormal Beginnings
Bookshelf Size: 2024
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-starshipsaga.html
Latest Review: Secrets of the Dead by Murray Bailey

Post by starshipsaga »

This is an awesome book for kids, with the Christmas holidays just around the corner. I had a look at Halloween with Snowman Paul earlier this year, and it was so cute. The illustrations were my favorite part of that book, and I'm so glad to hear they are once more at the forefront in this one! What a treat it is to see the characters again.
Van112
Currently Reading: How To Fall In Love
Bookshelf Size: 98
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-vivianne-nat.html
Latest Review: How To Be Successful by M. Curtis McCoy

Post by Van112 »

Thank you for providing a well written review about our book of the day. I enjoyed rrading your review. Ans going through the details you provided as i imagined it in myhead. I am still about to read the book.
:techie-studyingbrown:

“I don't think all writers are sad, she said. I think it's the other way around- all sad people write.” - Langleav
Kibet Hillary
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3040
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kibet-hillary.html
Latest Review: Disappearance by Julien Ayotte

Post by Kibet Hillary »

This is an exciting read. It is true that the illustrations were done well. Nice to read that the book can be read in a single sitting because kids may not be able to concentrate on a single subject for a long time. Thanks for the amazing review.
“It just hurts too much to admit what is wanted so badly when there’s no guarantee of its availability.”
- Dr. Larry Crabb
Ashley Cremer
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ashley-cremer.html
Latest Review: Shot Down by Steve Snyder

Post by Ashley Cremer »

Great review! This sounds like a very cute Christmas book!
Nandy
Currently Reading: Cat Detectives in the Korean Peninsula
Bookshelf Size: 170

Post by Nandy »

I have been through the sample of this book and I just love it. I might purchase it for my son.Thanks for a lovely review
Seanote_Sailor
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reading Device: B00L89V1AA

Post by Seanote_Sailor »

Snowman Paul has a holiday problem, lack of cheer when the world is full of it. Lucky for him, his young friend wants to help. The rest of the story should entertain youngsters and adults alike.
Tock513
Currently Reading: Strong Heart
Bookshelf Size: 319
Reading Device: B00ZQVSKSM

Post by Tock513 »

Just read this book, and it was absolutely adorable! I loved it, and definitely give it 4 stars. Great rhyming children's book in time for the holidays. Great illustrations with rhyming and being a short story, is definitely going to keep a young reader or listeners interest peeked. Easy to follow for the child as they listen and look at the pictures, or read it themselves. It was absolutely an adorable holiday book about friendship and was glad to read it. ^_^. Can definitely reach a child a lesson about friendship and even family. Must read for a child this holiday season!
Quinto
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 704
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-quinto.html
Latest Review: The Longfellah's Son: An Almost True Irish Story by Michael Cassidy

Post by Quinto »

The cadence, the illustrations, timing of the promotion and the storyline I think will make every child want to read it. The theme of friendship and acceptance are also relevant for children. Thanks for a wonderful review.
Mabel6
Currently Reading: Final Notice
Bookshelf Size: 69
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mabel6.html
Latest Review: Toni the Superhero by R.D. Base

Post by Mabel6 »

I added this book to my interested in reading shelf - how fitting for the holiday season. I like the fun spin on a classic and “Snowman Paul” series all sound really cute.
Fozia-Bajwa
Currently Reading: The Newton Code
Bookshelf Size: 263
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fozia-bajwa.html
Latest Review: McDowell by William H. Coles

Post by Fozia-Bajwa »

I read the story of the Christmas with Snowman Paul by Yossi Lapid. This is a book very suitable for the children and kids. This has rhymes and cadence which are enough for the entertainment of the children. You have reviewed it well. I liked it.
ShailaSheshadri
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shailasheshadri.html
Latest Review: Who Told You That You Were Naked? by William Combs

Post by ShailaSheshadri »

Thanks for the review. I guess this children's storybook is cute and contains a fascinating story. The book has captivating illustrations and rhymes. The theme is about participating in a Christmas party and enjoying. The snowman coming alive on that occasion makes participants happy. I recommend this book to all kids, especially to young kids.
DorcasToo
Currently Reading: Call Me Pomeroy
Bookshelf Size: 207
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dorcastoo.html
Latest Review: Tidal Pools by Robert Marier

Post by DorcasToo »

I love Christmas as it's always a merry and family time. I haven't read any Christmas books and this sounds like a good one for children and parents alike.
asaltares
Currently Reading: Illustrated Short Fiction of William H. Coles: 2000-2016
Bookshelf Size: 232

Post by asaltares »

Christmas with Snowman Paul. I consider myself a child inside. I love children's books. Not only for my kid but for myself. I like the way they present the themes with wonderful illustrations and rhymes. It's a wonderful book for Christmas. Could be a great bedtime story. Congrats.

Return to “Children's Books”