Official Review: Christmas with Snowman Paul by Yossi Lapid

Please use this sub-forum to discuss both middle-grade and younger children's books, including picture books, easy readers, and children's chapter books. Topics for books aimed at children 12 and under go in this forum.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Nikkiwi
Bookshelf Size: 0

Re: Official Review: Christmas with Snowman Paul by Yossi Lapid

Post by Nikkiwi »

What a fun new Christmas tale!

How can a snowman--with a heart of frozen snow--join in the Christmas warmth without melting? Read the latest Snowman Paul book to find out!

As always, Lapid delivers. Parents will enjoy the clever rhymes and charm of the tale and accompanying art, while early readers will simply enjoy the magic of a snowman and his boy, sharing Christmas together.

The perfect stocking stuffer! :techie-reference: :techie-reference: :techie-studyinggray:
Lady Loch
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lady-loch.html
Latest Review: Invisible Me by H M Irwing
Reading Device: pdf

Post by Lady Loch »

I was kind of shocked, though I should have been prepared, to see that there is no way for me to know what had made Paul feel what he had felt because I could only read a few pages. But the clouds were gone and the sky clearer, thanks to the review, at least I am feeling more enlightened about what the book was about. I thought children's books will not be able to get to me anymore now that I am older, I was proven wrong. I got hooked by reading a few pages and now I am looking forward to reading the whole of the book, especially now that I have read this review. Thank you!
Tsadm
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by Tsadm »

Sounds cool... Just like the weather on Christmas... Would love to read it to my nephews...
Waragu Samuel
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 473
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-waragu-samuel.html
Latest Review: The Reel Sisters by Michelle Cummings

Post by Waragu Samuel »

The underlying themes of this story are friendship and acceptance, and I think the points are delivered well without coming across too strongly.
Well put. Friendship and acceptance are virtues that should be cultivated in all people. If this begins at the time one is a child, the better.
“If things start happening, don't worry, don't stew, just go right along and you'll start happening too.”~Dr. Theodor Seuss Geisel (1904-1991)
davidonu4944775

Post by davidonu4944775 »

Wow sounds great.frosty is my favourite .also the story tells much about Christmas.good.
truebookaddict
Favorite Book: The Historian
Currently Reading: Children of the Dark
Bookshelf Size: 3838
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-truebookaddict.html
Reading Device: B00TSUGXKE

Post by truebookaddict »

Some of my favorite books from childhood were Christmas books so I made sure I built up quite a collection for my own sons when they were little. They're in high school now, but I still have all the books and intend to keep them. I still like reading them myself and they will be good to have around when grandchildren come along. This books sounds like another wonderful addition to the genre. I like the themes you mentioned...so important in children's books. Such a sweet cover too! Thanks for your insight.
“Even if she be not harmed, her heart may fail her in so much and so many horrors; and hereafter she may suffer--both in waking, from her nerves, and in sleep, from her dreams.”
― Bram Stoker, Dracula
Israel84
Currently Reading: Bluewater Walkabout
Bookshelf Size: 5

Post by Israel84 »

Christmas comes only but once in a year, and I'd love the Christmas season, this book will make my Christmas awesome. Good Christmas story.
kenkomercy
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kenkomercy.html
Latest Review: "Superhighway" by Alex Fayman

Post by kenkomercy »

I love children books. The themes are always timeless and universal. This Christmas season sounds like a good time to read this book. Thanks for your great review.
Latest Review: "Superhighway" by Alex Fayman
Asunmo Cecilia
Currently Reading: The Diary Of An Immortal (1945-1959)
Bookshelf Size: 33

Post by Asunmo Cecilia »

it sounds perfect a pity we don't have snow in Nigeria
Wesono
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 407
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-wesono.html
Latest Review: Randy Love...at your service by Shay Carter

Post by Wesono »

It is nice to know that there are no spelling or gramatic mistakes in the book. It would have been terrible for children to read a book with errors.
KitabuKizuri
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 113
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kitabukizuri.html
Latest Review: Mysteries Of the First Instant by Daniel Friedmann

Post by KitabuKizuri »

Sounds like a great book for families with young children! Thanks for the review.
Gunnar Ohberg
Currently Reading: The Nix
Bookshelf Size: 48
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gunnar-ohberg.html
Latest Review: Lemoncella Cocktail by Rene Natan

Post by Gunnar Ohberg »

Excellent review. Not sure if I'll get around to the book, but your informative review definitely made me consider passing over this book entirely.
Elizabeth Pass
Favorite Book: Dealing with Dragons (Enchanted Forest Chronicles, #1)
Currently Reading: Reign
Bookshelf Size: 126
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bb587.html
Latest Review: COVIDinners by Katie M Zeigler

Post by Elizabeth Pass »

Snowman Paul is an adorable character. A Christmas theme seems obvious, but I've also seen a Halloween book. Regardless the story, Snowman Paul books always share important life lessons with its readers.
Misfitx3

Post by Misfitx3 »

I really appreciate your detailed review ive actually read this book to my son and nephew who are 2 and 7 and they both seemed to really enjoy it my son enjoyed the pictures while my nephew benefited from the actual tone of the story (friendship and acceptance).
Sirajuddin A
Currently Reading: Make Your Message Matter
Bookshelf Size: 554
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sirajuddin-a.html
Latest Review: The Unfakeable Code® by Tony Jeton Selimi

Post by Sirajuddin A »

A fantastic children story presented with colorful illustrations and the theme of this story is empathy for others. It would be a wonderful gift for children for this Christmas.

Return to “Children's Books”