Official Review: My Bright Journal by Irina Negovan

Please use this sub-forum to discuss both middle-grade and younger children's books, including picture books, easy readers, and children's chapter books. Topics for books aimed at children 12 and under go in this forum.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
bookowlie
Special Discussion Leader
Favorite Book: The Lost Continent
Currently Reading: The Night She Went Missing
Bookshelf Size: 442
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bookowlie.html
Latest Review: To Paint A Murder by E. J. Gandolfo

Re: Official Review: My Bright Journal by Irina Negovan

Post by bookowlie »

Thanks Kat Kennedy and Jr Artemis for the feeback. Kat Kennedy, I think your grandchildren would enjoy this book! There are so many different fun activities to keep them busy.
"The best way out is always through" - Robert Frost
Mindi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 106
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mindi.html
Latest Review: The Promise by Hank Ellis

Post by Mindi »

I think educational books for kids are great! My kids love crafts and science, so I'm sure they would enjoy this.
Quinto
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 704
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-quinto.html
Latest Review: The Longfellah's Son: An Almost True Irish Story by Michael Cassidy

Post by Quinto »

This is a wonderful and engaging book for children. Thanks for the review.
Ashley Simon
Currently Reading: Zero K
Bookshelf Size: 141
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ashley-simon.html
Latest Review: "Bible Answers" by Roseline Gaston Rabouin

Post by Ashley Simon »

Hm, I've never seen a journal prompt book for kids. That's a creative idea! Thanks for the review!
Latest Review: "Bible Answers" by Roseline Gaston Rabouin
bookowlie
Special Discussion Leader
Favorite Book: The Lost Continent
Currently Reading: The Night She Went Missing
Bookshelf Size: 442
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bookowlie.html
Latest Review: To Paint A Murder by E. J. Gandolfo

Post by bookowlie »

Thanks everyone for your kind words. Ashley, I also think the journal prompt concept is interesting, although some kids might not be interested in it. After doing classwork in school and homework after schook, they might rather play outside with their friends or just relax.
"The best way out is always through" - Robert Frost
Saleh0203
Favorite Book: And Then I Met Margaret
Currently Reading: The Anteater and the Jaguar
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-saleh0203.html
Latest Review: "My Ladybird Story" by Magus Tor
Reading Device: 1400697484

Post by Saleh0203 »

The book is wonderful and memorable and reminds us of school days and school books are really wonderful and worthy of attention, some projects are similar to school tasks and nothing the child may wish to do in their spare time. However, I would recommend this book to children ages 5-10 as it contains a variety of fun, thought-provoking activities that can stimulate the child's mind and provide quality family time. By the way, the strangest food I ever ate as was the calamari kid, so it would have been my choice to take advantage of the "strangest food" page. Of course, it eventually became one of my favorite foods. :techie-studyingbrown: :techie-studyingbrown:

-- 14 Nov 2017, 15:39 --

The book is wonderful and memorable and reminds us of school days and school books are really wonderful and worthy of attention, some projects are similar to school tasks and nothing the child may wish to do in their spare time. However, I would recommend this book to children ages 5-10 as it contains a variety of fun, thought-provoking activities that can stimulate the child's mind and provide quality family time. By the way, the strangest food I ever ate as was the calamari kid, so it would have been my choice to take advantage of the "strangest food" page. Of course, it eventually became one of my favorite foods. :techie-studyingbrown: :techie-studyingbrown:
Latest Review: "My Ladybird Story" by Magus Tor
Kalin Adi
Currently Reading: Island Games
Bookshelf Size: 141
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kalin-adi.html
Latest Review: French for Girls by JP Wright

Post by Kalin Adi »

A very thorough review! I had a wide glimpse of this book. I find the origami crafts very appealing. Kids love doing this kind of activities. The scientific facts and the section to write words of appreciation are just to my taste. Thanks for this useful review!
LivreAmour217
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Too many to count
Favorite Book: Ditto
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 294
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-livreamour217.html
Latest Review: Island Games by Caleb J. Boyer

Post by LivreAmour217 »

This book sounds like it would be a good classroom tool, and some of the more advanced activities could be incorporated into lessons. I applaud the author for writing a book engages children in learning and independent thought. Thank you for this review!
"Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one." - Albert Einstein

Return to “Children's Books”