Review of Big, Brave Voice

Please use this sub-forum to discuss both middle-grade and younger children's books, including picture books, easy readers, and children's chapter books. Topics for books aimed at children 12 and under go in this forum.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Victory Ositaorah
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 112
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-victory-ositaorah.html
Latest Review: Big, Brave Voice by Emily A. Reed

Review of Big, Brave Voice

Post by Victory Ositaorah »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Big, Brave Voice" by Emily A. Reed.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Our children perceive us as their parents or guardians; we are their sole source of hope and assistance. In today's confusing world, where many questions remain unanswered, such a situation may be even more complex for young children. Emily A. Reed's book, Big, Brave Voice: Advice for Children Living with Food Allergies, is based on the true story of George, who was diagnosed with a severe food allergy.

The book starts by informing readers that being brave, smart, and speaking up makes you a hero. We get to know that smart kids learn to read and brave kids learn to swim. We get to meet George, a brave and smart kid. But sadly, George gets very sick if he eats the wrong food. He doesn't eat eggs and nuts or foods that contain eggs and nuts. George liked celebrations with nice things to eat, but his allergies made things hard for him because he had to bring his food, which made him sad and embarrassed. Reading Big, Brave Voice lets us know how George forges ahead.

I found this book appealing and very unique in its content, as it serves as a source of motivation for young readers with allergies. This book is a source of strength for little kids, and kids are encouraged to learn how to swim and many more things. I like that we are enlightened about some foods containing eggs and nuts. The book also talks about foods for special days, like Halloween candy, birthday cake, and so on, that little children can learn about from this book. I like that the book encourages children to speak up and be brave enough to ask questions that protect them. I like this book's graphic depictions as they make it lively, and I commend the illustrators for such fantastic work.

I had nothing to dislike about this book, and considering the positives I stated above, I rate it 5 out of 5 stars. I did not encounter any errors while reading it, which shows that it was exceptionally well-edited. I recommend this book to schools and families because it will significantly impact growing children.

Big, Brave Voice
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Rachael Ukpanah
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by Rachael Ukpanah »

As parents or Guidance the roles we play in the life of our children determine the future of the children. This book will help both parents and children. I could like to read books as this.
Loner Pen
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-loner-pen.html
Latest Review: Cynthia and Dan by Dorothy May Mercer

Post by Loner Pen »

Oh, cher! Dis here review got me all excited 'bout dis book, Big, Brave Voice: Advice for Children Living with Food Allergies. It sounds like a real good read fo' our little ones, especially dem with allergies. I love how dis book teaches dem to be brave and speak up fo' themselves, ya know? It even teaches 'em 'bout foods dey gotta avoid. And dem illustrations, honey, dey make de book come alive! I can't find any faults wit' it, so I give it 5 outta 5 stars! I recommend dis book to all schools and families, it gonna make a real impact on dem kiddos. Intriguing mystery, kept me guessing until the end.
Charmaine Mahlangu
Favorite Book: Defining a free man from a black stream
Currently Reading: Save the Last Bullet for God
Bookshelf Size: 95
2024 Reading Goal: 500
2024 Goal Completion: 18%

Post by Charmaine Mahlangu »

The cover is everything. That's a brave little boy I tell you. Children's books are exciting especially when they are less fictitious and more real . They educate our children of certain awarenesses that we cannot address. Good review
Be yourself and nothing less

Return to “Children's Books”