Review of Kitty Ghost

Please use this sub-forum to discuss both middle-grade and younger children's books, including picture books, easy readers, and children's chapter books. Topics for books aimed at children 12 and under go in this forum.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Victory Ositaorah
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 112
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-victory-ositaorah.html
Latest Review: Big, Brave Voice by Emily A. Reed

Review of Kitty Ghost

Post by Victory Ositaorah »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Kitty Ghost" by JM Schultz.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Life is complicated, and when we are young, we struggle with fitting in, rejection, and various other issues that contribute to our childhood memories, which should be filled with love and caring. JM Schultz's book, Kitty Ghost, is a children's book about a kitty and the struggles and challenges she faces.

In this children's book, we get to meet a young kitty who does not have a house or parents. She lived by the beach and didn't know her name. She was intelligent and brave, but other kitties bullied her because she was small. She gets hurt easily, but she is tough and stands up for herself. Because she rarely has something to eat, a lovely man who owns the candy store would leave some food or a bowl of milk for her. She sits under the stars at night and gazes at the beach houses. She would sometimes move close to the window and see other kitties sleeping in a warm bed and playing with children, and she wished to be like them one day. From reading this book, we learn how this young kitten survives and if her wishes come true.

I found this book easy to flow with and comprehend because of the simplified story presentation, and I believe it would be easy for children to read and understand. Though the situation of the kitty was sad, this book would serve as a source of motivation for young readers. I like that the book speaks about the beauty of being brave and intelligent. After reading this book, I realised that many of its moral lessons can impact little children positively. I also commend the illustrator for the lovely pictures added to this book, as they make it colourful and aid readers with its flow.

I had nothing negative to say about this book, and considering the numerous positive impacts this book would have on readers, I rate it 5 out of 5 stars. The book's flow was seamless, and the absence of errors shows attention to detail, which proved exceptional editing. I recommend this book to little children from ages 4 to 10, as it would serve as a source of motivation for this age group.

Kitty Ghost
View: on Bookshelves

Return to “Children's Books”