Official Review: The Mighty Blue Saves Christmas

Please use this sub-forum to discuss both middle-grade and younger children's books, including picture books, easy readers, and children's chapter books. Topics for books aimed at children 12 and under go in this forum.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Marissa Michael
Currently Reading: Carrie
Bookshelf Size: 585
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-marissa-michael.html
Latest Review: Heartaches 3 by H.M. Irwing
2024 Reading Goal: 5
2024 Goal Completion: 60%

Re: Official Review: The Mighty Blue Saves Christmas

Post by Marissa Michael »

The unexpected friendship between man and a kitten is beautiful. Truly a good Christmas book to read with kids. The small font is the only bummer here. Great review, by the way.
"Read in order to live." ~Gustave Flaubert
"Fiction reveals truths that reality obscures." ~Ralph Waldo Emerson
Janetleighgreen
Favorite Author: Janet Leigh Green
Currently Reading: Before She Disappeared
Bookshelf Size: 204
fav_author_id: 42198

Post by Janetleighgreen »

Thank you for the review, I like that the author used a cat with magical powers to befriend a man. It's a neat premise to have the cat on a mission to help Santa deliver gifts too. I hope the author can fix the issues, this seems like a chute book for kids.
funke20
Currently Reading: DragonGate
Bookshelf Size: 34

Post by funke20 »

The Mighty Blue Saves Christmas is a short picture book with a great illustrator he did a wonderful job capturing the essence of the Christmas spirit within the illustrations. 
melleigha
Currently Reading: 30th century:escape
Bookshelf Size: 9

Post by melleigha »

This seems like a book that my nieces and nephews will love!
Meggie Lou
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-meggie-lou.html
Latest Review: "Raven's Peak" by Lincoln Cole

Post by Meggie Lou »

The review was well written and the story sounds promising to those with younglings! It's not quite my genre but I may end up reading it to my nephew when I babysit him later this week. Thank you for the review!
Latest Review: "Raven's Peak" by Lincoln Cole
violet-trey19
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 37

Post by violet-trey19 »

:lol2: The Mighty Blue saves Christmas is great and unique book for children's.Enjoy reading.
CaitlynLynch
Currently Reading: Conquering Writer's Block and Summoning Inspiration
Bookshelf Size: 3245
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-caitlynlynch.html
Latest Review: The Hand That Feeds You by Amos Cartell
Reading Device: B01AZ7LQ00

Post by CaitlynLynch »

Small font choice seems silly for a children's book. A professional illustrator should know better!
sunshinedee
Currently Reading: The Emerald City of Oz
Bookshelf Size: 29

Post by sunshinedee »

Nice review!This is an amazing Christmas book to read for the whole family.Despite the small font seems readers to have a little distracting but they will enjoy it so much because of its beautiful story.
jamiramontez
Currently Reading: Superhighway
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jamiramontez.html
Latest Review: "Puffy and the Formidable Foe" by Marie Lepkowski and Ann Marie Hannon

Post by jamiramontez »

I loved this book! It was a great Christmas story that answers some kids' questions about what happens if Santa's reindeer are unable to fly due to an injury? The story has a great plot twist and leaves you wanting to read it over and over again. I will definitely keep this one on my shelf for years to come.
Latest Review: "Puffy and the Formidable Foe" by Marie Lepkowski and Ann Marie Hannon
Acwoolet
Favorite Author: Karen Kingsbury
Favorite Book: Gone With the Wind
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 86
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-acwoolet.html
Latest Review: Touching Time by B. W. Haggart
fav_author_id: 6216

Post by Acwoolet »

It was like a book that my kids would enjoy. Too bad about the small print and errors. Hopefully the author will have it re-edited. Thanks for the great review!
tarafarah7
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Mitch Albom
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... ">tuesdays with Morrie</a>
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 1438
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tarafarah7.html
Latest Review: Toni the Superhero by R.D. Base
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG
fav_author_id: 2544

Post by tarafarah7 »

Thank you for yoir insightful review. :-) It's disappointing to me when children's books have editing errors because the kids reading them (or being read to) are at such an important stage in their development, especially as a reader. To have errors within the text is to teach kids wrong. In a published piece of work that is short enough to be read multiple times through over a short period, there is no reason these errors should not have been noticed. :-(

I love that the illustrations tell a story on their own and compliment the text. Great illustrations engage kids in ways that help develop a love of reading and learning. So many kids, as they get older, stop reading as a form of entertainment. Because of this, teaching them at a young age that reading and storytelling are fun activities, is critical. I'm happy to hear that this book accomplishes that! :-)

I am looking forward to reading today's #FREE #BOTD to my nephew! Thank you to the author and congratulations!
kamibryant
Bookshelf Size: 91

Post by kamibryant »

:D That sounds really cute. I love heartwarming stories about kittens and a magical kitten even! I like that there are informative topics about Alaskan culture, that sounds like fun. My sister lives in Ketchikan, Alaska. I am still stuck on the idea that the little kitten pulls the whole dogsled by himself, that is so funny. That is a shame about the font size and the editing problems. I love beautifully illustrated children's books. My favorite is probably The Polar Express, it is so beautiful.
okayode
Currently Reading: Satan and Me and OBE
Bookshelf Size: 110

Post by okayode »

Thanks Bookowlie! For the job well-done. It sounds different from the other stories. Fine illustrations and describtion of Alaskan culture. I will read this and would have recommend to others.. But the small font size is set back. Anyways, congrats on BOD.
Vickie Noel
In It Together VIP
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 86063">Are you afraid of the dark</a>
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 868
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-vickie-noel.html
Latest Review: Modern Day Cowboy by Nathaniel Sheft
Reading Device: B01C9JZEBO

Post by Vickie Noel »

I love it when children's books contain a little bit of magic in them, to tickle the imagination! Too bad about the smallish font and sprinkles of errors. Thanks for the review.
Stop waiting for what you WANT, start working with what you HAVE. --- Seth Cain
Never be bullied into questioning your own credibility. --- Vickie Noel
Butterflybookworm
Currently Reading: A Game of Thrones
Bookshelf Size: 2392
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-butterflybookworm.html
Latest Review: The 11.05 Murders by Brian O'Hare
Reading Device: B00BWYQ9YE

Post by Butterflybookworm »

Sounds like a very cute children's book. Shame about the font though. A major part of most children's books is the large font.
Butterflybookworm
:bookclub-square:

Return to “Children's Books”