Review of Squiggle the Tiggle

Please use this sub-forum to discuss both middle-grade and younger children's books, including picture books, easy readers, and children's chapter books. Topics for books aimed at children 12 and under go in this forum.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Victory Ositaorah
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 112
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-victory-ositaorah.html
Latest Review: Big, Brave Voice by Emily A. Reed

Review of Squiggle the Tiggle

Post by Victory Ositaorah »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Squiggle the Tiggle" by Aaron Vine, DVM.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

We enter into this existence alone, which our children find strange. They are lost, have problems fitting in, and often struggle to make friends. In the book Squiggle the Tiggle, written by Aaron Vine, DVM, we meet a young squiggle and journey with him as he seeks a friend.

After fifty days in Pibnee Land, a purple and pink egg of a Tiggle started to jiggle, and this was how Squiggle came to be. He had two antennae, which were green and red, respectively, with star-shaped eyes and a pudgy body. He jiggles away when he wants to play, but as Squiggle plays, he realises that he has no friend to jiggle with. He decided to travel through Pibnee Land, looking for a friend. He wiggled his way into Yellow Bay and came across fish, and a particular green fish said he looked tasty. He got away from the fish, and then he met some bubbles. Surprisingly, a bubble spoke, and his name was Bubble Dend, a bubble guide who offered to take Squiggle the Tiggle anywhere he wanted. From reading this book, we know if Squiggle finds friends and what challenges he encounters.

This fictional story was very interesting, and I admire the creative approach to putting this book together. The author was able to portray a young child's life and some challenges, which would teach our young ones a lot. I liked the graphic quality of the images contained in this book, and I commend the illustrator for a job well done. I like the enlightening nature of the book. Children could learn about clouds being responsible for the rain, and the author emphasized the importance of gratitude in this book. There are a lot of moral lessons that young readers could learn from after reading this book.

I had no dislikes for this book, and I am rating it 5 out of 5 stars considering the positives listed above. I also did not encounter any grammatical errors while reading it, which proves it was exceptionally well edited. I recommend this book to children from the ages of 4 to 10 because I believe it relates best to this age group.

Squiggle the Tiggle
View: on Bookshelves
Nwachukwu Somto
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nwachukwu-somto.html
Latest Review: Embrace the Challenge by Akwasi O Ofori

Post by Nwachukwu Somto »

The engaging illustrations and the absence of grammatical errors highlight the quality of the book.
Julius Peters
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-julius-peters.html
Latest Review: Quando Dormo by Edward Izzi

Post by Julius Peters »

I appreciate the emphasis on important values like gratitude and perseverance, seamlessly woven into the storyline to educate and inspire young minds. With its relatable themes and relatable characters, 'Squiggle the Tiggle' is a delightful read for children aged 4 to 10, encouraging empathy, curiosity, and friendship.

Return to “Children's Books”