Review of Grandpa and Phoebe’s amazing adventures

Please use this sub-forum to discuss both middle-grade and younger children's books, including picture books, easy readers, and children's chapter books. Topics for books aimed at children 12 and under go in this forum.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Hager Salem
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 349
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hager-salem.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Review of Grandpa and Phoebe’s amazing adventures

Post by Hager Salem »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Grandpa and Phoebe’s amazing adventures" by Neil Kelly.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Phoebe is a little girl who happens to have special grandparents. Her grandmother held a lot of love for her, despite her quick temper. Her grandfather goes through life making those unique inventions. Sometimes they worked, and other times there were disasters. Phoebe loved to go to the golf game with her grandfather. One day, she was surprised when she found animals and a golf ball talking to her. They were trying to convince her to go on a rescue mission to save a golf ball and reunite the ball siblings. Grab Grandpa and Phoebe’s Amazing Adventures by Neil Kelly to go on adventures with Phoebe, her grandparents, and her new unusual friends and see if they manage to make a good plan and get the mission accomplished.

I like that the story was long and had many details. It creates a world with its small details to engage the kids in it. There are small events that happen throughout the story in addition to the main plot. It is exciting and keeps the engagement of the young reader through the long story. I loved that in the story, the characters faced many obstacles and had to get over them. It encourages problem-solving skills and enhances the creativity of the kids. I also liked that it introduced unconditional love between family members, regardless of their flaws.

I didn't find anything that I disliked throughout the book. The story was interesting and had some good values. The characters were introduced well. The book received exceptional editing. I didn't notice any errors or mistakes while reading. Therefore, I rate Grandpa and Phoebe’s Amazing Adventures by Neil Kelly five out of five stars. I recommend the book to kids who are old enough to read a long book and follow up on the events of a long adventure. I also recommend it to parents who want to spend a good time reading to their children and sharing some adventures with them.

Grandpa and Phoebe’s amazing adventures
View: on Bookshelves
Areena David
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11

Post by Areena David »

A great choice! In fact, your review encouraged me to buy the book.
The idea of writing a children's book that carries moral values and showcases the unconditional love of parents is a wonderful and impactful one. Such stories significantly contribute to shaping children's awareness and teaching them noble human values. These stories help children understand the importance of caring for others and show them how unconditional love can be a driving force in their lives.
Robert Cortes
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-robert-cortes.html
Latest Review: Cynthia and Dan by Dorothy May Mercer

Post by Robert Cortes »

"Grandpa and Phoebe’s Amazing Adventures" by Neil Kelly sounds like an engaging and detailed story that follows the adventures of a little girl named Phoebe, her special grandparents, and her unusual friends. I appreciate your recommendation. Well done on your evaluation of the book.
Amy Luman
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: 30th Century: Escape (General Audience Edition)
Bookshelf Size: 1027
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amy-luman.html
Latest Review: Severed Roots by Nego Huzcotoq
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Amy Luman »

O course she was surprised by the golf ball and the animals talking to her. Anybody would be. The book, however, seems to be centered on Phoebe and her search. I think that it would keep kids interested and encourage them to do what seems impossible. Thanks!
Yin Jiang
Currently Reading: The Undercover Economist Strikes Back
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-yin-jiang.html
Latest Review: The Unfakeable Code® by Tony Jeton Selimi

Post by Yin Jiang »

The book sounds like a very fascinating read for children and parents. It also sounds like it would make for a great introduction to longer stories for young readers, and introduce them to the wonderful world of books! Thank you for a great review.
Julius Peters
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-julius-peters.html
Latest Review: Quando Dormo by Edward Izzi

Post by Julius Peters »

Through the adventures of Phoebe, her grandparents, and their unusual friends, the book not only entertains but also encourages valuable skills like problem-solving and creativity, making it both fun and educational.

Return to “Children's Books”