Review of A Gift From The Heart

Please use this sub-forum to discuss both middle-grade and younger children's books, including picture books, easy readers, and children's chapter books. Topics for books aimed at children 12 and under go in this forum.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Jaituni Sanghavi
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 180
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jaituni-sanghavi.html
Latest Review: A Walk Through the Grapes by David Jackson

Review of A Gift From The Heart

Post by Jaituni Sanghavi »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "A Gift From The Heart" by Lil' Iguana Books.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Alright! Hands down, I have to accept that I have just read one of the best children’s books ever. This book is beautiful and cute, teaches valuable lessons, and, best of all, interacts with you through music. The book I am talking about is none other than A Gift from the Heart by Lil' Iguana Books.

This is the story of Lil’ Iguana, who wakes up in the morning only to realize that he has forgotten that it is C.K. and Alli’s birthday. These two are his little sisters, and he feels like he is the worst brother ever. With a heavy heart, Lil’ Iguana approaches his mommy in the kitchen and asks her to help him think of a present he can give his sisters. Unfortunately, he does not have much savings to buy a present, and again, he feels awful. That is when his mommy tells him that a gift isn’t something you buy; a gift is something that you give from your heart. Lil’ Iguana gets happy and decides to make something special for his sisters: an apple pie! This is where the story begins.

What follows next is how Lil’ Iguana manages to get his friends Arturo, Jags, and Kelvin on board for his plan to bake an apple pie. All these friends have great fun in the process. I won’t tell you what fun they had because I want you to read the book and enjoy the story.

What I loved the most about this book was how thoughtfully it was created. The reason I say so is that after every few pages, there is a little music note at the corner of the page, on which, if you click, it takes you to a fun interactive video that is of course related to the story. The video has groovy music and awesome dancing and teaches valuable lessons to kids like washing hands at regular intervals, asking for permission before borrowing anything, respecting privacy, and much more. I found this element immensely enjoyable, and I believe children would just love it.

Another aspect I liked about the book is how beautifully the story is narrated and supported by wonderful and vibrant illustrations. It is not any random story but one that has been well thought out and executed, keeping children in mind and how they could benefit from it the most while also having their share of fun. This book is also perfect for read-aloud sessions or group storytelling sessions. Thus, considering my immense admiration for this book, I rate it 5 out of 5 stars with all my heart. What can I possibly dislike about this cute book? Nothing! The editing is flawless as well.

Thus, to conclude, if you want your child to learn some valuable lessons in an enjoyable way, then A Gift from the Heart by Lil' Iguana Books is the book you should consider picking up without a second thought. Plus, you also get Lil’ Iguana’s momma’s apple pie recipe at the end of the book, so parents, you are sorted as well! So, what are you waiting for? Pick up this book right now!

A Gift From The Heart
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Amarachi Stephanie Ejike
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18

Post by Amarachi Stephanie Ejike »

Funny how the review described this book, 'A Gift from the Heart by Lil' Iguana Books as CUTE. I chuckled at it since I tend to believe that most things related to Children are cute one way or the other. I don't usually go out of my way to seek out or read children's book since I became an adult. And if you see me reading one, it must either be one of two things; making sure the book is suitable for little ones in my care or the book is downright interesting.
A Gift from the Heart by Lil' Iguana Books sounds like one of those interesting reads with valuable lessons for kids to learn. The inclusion of the apple pie recipe is a surprise, though a much appreciated addition.

Return to “Children's Books”