What's your favourite children's book

Please use this sub-forum to discuss both middle-grade and younger children's books, including picture books, easy readers, and children's chapter books. Topics for books aimed at children 12 and under go in this forum.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Eric77
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-eric77.html
Latest Review: "Ever After" by H M Irwing

What's your favourite children's book

Post by Eric77 »

After reading Farmer Beau's Farm by Kathleen Geiger, I found myself reading it almost every now and then to my little girl. I was drawn to the way very pertinent issues such as family, love, acceptance, diversity and bullying amongst others were tackled. It was the perfect book to introduce her to the complexities of the life that awaits her.
Latest Review: "Ever After" by H M Irwing
MR MAKUMBI DENIS
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by MR MAKUMBI DENIS »

the snow day
Bluecobia
Currently Reading: Game of Thrones
Bookshelf Size: 55
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bluecobia.html
Latest Review: The miner by F.Robert

Post by Bluecobia »

I always enjoyed The Cat in the Hat. I enjoy the rythm and have read it to both of my daughters and both grand daughters.
Latest Review: The miner by F.Robert
RegularGuy3
Currently Reading: All the Light We Cannot See
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-regularguy3.html
Latest Review: Farmer Beau's Farm by Kathleen Geiger

Post by RegularGuy3 »

The bear snores on. I know it by heart.
Colleen0701
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 67
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-colleen0701.html
Latest Review: "Kennedy's Revenge" by Stephen L Rodenbeck

Post by Colleen0701 »

Bluecobia wrote:I always enjoyed The Cat in the Hat. I enjoy the rythm and have read it to both of my daughters and both grand daughters.
Dr Suess is still my number one favourite followed closely by Noddy :techie-studyingbrown:
Some people read to live. I live to read.
Latest Review: "Kennedy's Revenge" by Stephen L Rodenbeck
Basya
Currently Reading: And Then I Met Margaret
Bookshelf Size: 46
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-basya.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by Basya »

Do I have to choose only one? A quarter of a century as a children's and young adult librarian has garnered many. A few favorites: Journey to the River Sea by Eva Ibbotson; The Lorax by Dr. Seuss (an environmentally conscious book ahead of its time); and Mister Seahorse by Eric Carle.
Ashley Simon
Currently Reading: Zero K
Bookshelf Size: 141
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ashley-simon.html
Latest Review: "Bible Answers" by Roseline Gaston Rabouin

Post by Ashley Simon »

Eric77 wrote:After reading Farmer Beau's Farm by Kathleen Geiger, I found myself reading it almost every now and then to my little girl. I was drawn to the way very pertinent issues such as family, love, acceptance, diversity and bullying amongst others were tackled. It was the perfect book to introduce her to the complexities of the life that awaits her.
I recently reviewed this book myself, and I thought it had a great message and delightful storyline.
Latest Review: "Bible Answers" by Roseline Gaston Rabouin
Tanny136
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tanny136.html
Latest Review: How To Be Successful by M. Curtis McCoy

Post by Tanny136 »

As a child, I simply loved reading The Faraway Tree series and The St. Clare's series by Enid Blyton. I could read them endlessly even now! :D
Brandi Noelle
Currently Reading: The Invention of Murder
Bookshelf Size: 71
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-brandi-noelle.html
Latest Review: Marrying a Playboy Billionaire by H M Irwing

Post by Brandi Noelle »

I absolutely love Natalie Babbitt's "Tuck Everlasting." I first read it in the 6th grade and just loved the story of the Tuck family, cursed with eternal life.
Andeemomm
Currently Reading: The Husband's Secret
Bookshelf Size: 8

Post by Andeemomm »

The Giving Tree
by Shel Silverstein
Mamoureads

Post by Mamoureads »

Recently I read Stick and Stone by Beth Perry. It is a sweet book about an unlikely friendship. Standing up for and helping others is beautifully illustrated by the main characters.
CommMayo
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 80
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-commmayo.html
Latest Review: Changed by Vicki Stiefel
Reading Device: B00G2Y4WNY

Post by CommMayo »

Herman the Helper. It is about a little octopus that goes around the sea and helps the other sea creatures.
elphochan
Currently Reading: Codependency No More
Bookshelf Size: 36

Post by elphochan »

The Chronicles of Prydain is the greatest fantasy series ever written for children. And I loved Harry Potter, believe me, but this beats it. In fact, I was introduced to the series when I was required to read the first volume, The Book of Three in my sixth grade literature class at Jewish day school. Let me tell you, I was the biggest Harry Potter fan back then. I read the books every night before bed, I reenacted the first film (that was the only one out at the time) alone in my basement in full Hermione costume, and I played the computer game with my little brother religiously. But when I read The Book of Three I was transported in a completely different way. I was mesmerized not only by the world, the characters, and the story that unfolded, but by the language. Lloyd Alexander is a masterful writer. His prose is lyrical and full of wisdom. For those who are unfamiliar with the story line, it's about an orphan assistant pig keeper later turned hero and king. We follow Taran, said pig keeper turned king, on a heroic quest to save Prydain from the clutches of the evil overlord of death, Arawn. Along the way, he is joined by a bard, a princess, a warrior, and a quirky furry little creature who can talk. Sounds like something straight out of an 80s movie right? Well, the first two books in the series were adapted into a Disney movie in the 80s titled The Black Cauldron, which I loved even though it differed greatly from the books. The Chronicles of Prydian are true classics. Princess Eilonwy is still one of my favorite literary heroines, next to Hermione and Juliet of course. If you haven't, read them. All.
HermitReviewer

Post by HermitReviewer »

The Little White Horse by Elizabeth Goudge
dawuddustin

Post by dawuddustin »

Well mine was Enid Blyton's Famous Five Series

Return to “Children's Books”