What's your favourite children's book

Please use this sub-forum to discuss both middle-grade and younger children's books, including picture books, easy readers, and children's chapter books. Topics for books aimed at children 12 and under go in this forum.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
stanley219
Bookshelf Size: 0

Re: What's your favourite children's book

Post by stanley219 »

I used to read Famous Five and secret seven series written by Enid Blyton.There was a time when Enid Blyton books were the only books I was reading.But I loved Famous Five more.It is a novel about adventure of group of young children-Julian, Dick, Anne and Georgina – and George's dog Timmy.They all meet together in holidays and they get caught up in an adventure.Story involves treasure hunting and criminals.
Lincolnshirelass
Previous Member of the Month

Post by Lincolnshirelass »

For a young child's picture book, it would have to be Julia Donaldson's 'The Gruffalo' - for older children, wow, that's a touch choice, but if push came to shove it would be Laura Ingalls Wilder's 'The Long Winter' - my favourite in the series.
An Eye for an Eye only ends up making the whole world blind.

Mahatma Gandhi
inaramid
Currently Reading: Siege and Storm
Bookshelf Size: 144
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-inaramid.html
Latest Review: The Fourth Kinetic by Brady Moore

Post by inaramid »

Matilda by Roald Dahl, or The Witches by Roald Dahl. Although I read this when I was already in college, the storytelling took me back to some very happy childhood memories.
Mary Garrison
Currently Reading: The Hiding Place
Bookshelf Size: 78
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mary-garrison.html
Latest Review: Doctoroo & the Case of the Hacking Hippo by Dr. Rachel B. Wellner

Post by Mary Garrison »

Love You Forever, is my absolute favorite children's book. It makes my cry like a baby but I love it.
uyky
Favorite Author: Charles de Lint
Currently Reading: Tapping the Dream Tree
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-uyky.html
Latest Review: Becoming the Dragon by Alex Sapegin
fav_author_id: 6861

Post by uyky »

Right now these come to mind: Lewis's Narnia, Baum's Oz series, Blyton's Famous Five, books from Astrid Lindgren (loved Ronia, the Robber's Daughter). There are so many more.
P0tt3ry
Favorite Book: The Dresden Files
Currently Reading: The Reel Sisters
Bookshelf Size: 45
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-p0tt3ry.html
Latest Review: Ironbark Hill by Jennie Linnane

Post by P0tt3ry »

One Grain of Sand by Pete Seeger is the current favorite. Classics like Goodnight, Gorilla and the Beatrix Potter books rotate through often.
clades

Post by clades »

My favorite children's book is The Farthest-Away Mountain by Lynne Reid Banks. It's the book that got me into fantasy.
SparklesonPages
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 211
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sparklesonpages.html
Latest Review: Heartaches 2 by H.M. Irwing
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by SparklesonPages »

I loved The Hardy Boys series
Lincolnshirelass

Post by Lincolnshirelass »

Have already posted here once, but also want to put a word in for 'The Secret Garden' by Frances Hodgson Burnett. It's one of those books you can read on so many levels, and the author was also quite brave, specially for the time, in having a heroine in the shape of Mary Lennox who, at the start, is frankly a pain in the neck (though you can see WHY). I love her other books, 'A Little Princess' and the (much maligned) 'Little Lord Fauntleroy' too, but this is still my favourite of hers.
An Eye for an Eye only ends up making the whole world blind.

Mahatma Gandhi
Priyamvada

Post by Priyamvada »

Goosebumps Horrorland series
By R L Stine
It is full of suspense, a little horror and thrill.
These series are a must read..
Manda9242

Post by Manda9242 »

My favorite children is barnyard dance. That book is so cute and I love how my 3-year-old nefwe dances and always makes me read it
AlicinWelsh
Currently Reading: A Game of Thrones
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alicinwelsh.html
Latest Review: Puffy and the Formidable Foe by Marie Lepkowski and Ann Marie Hannon

Post by AlicinWelsh »

My favorite children's book hands down is The Kissing Hand by Audrey Penn. As a mom of boys, this story went straight to my emotions as I thought of sending my oldest to kindergarten. It is beautifully written and illustrated and I will take that story with me forever.
Mary Garrison
Currently Reading: The Hiding Place
Bookshelf Size: 78
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mary-garrison.html
Latest Review: Doctoroo & the Case of the Hacking Hippo by Dr. Rachel B. Wellner

Post by Mary Garrison »

AlicinWelsh wrote: 27 Mar 2018, 14:05 My favorite children's book hands down is The Kissing Hand by Audrey Penn. As a mom of boys, this story went straight to my emotions as I thought of sending my oldest to kindergarten. It is beautifully written and illustrated and I will take that story with me forever.
I love that book also.
Khushi Dhull

Post by Khushi Dhull »

:tiphat: my favourite children's book is the lion the witch and the wardrobe!.. It's just amazing... I know that it's in the form of a movie too known as the chronicles of Narnia .. But reading it is something different !..it makes u more imaginative . :geek2: children even adults everyone will enjoy reading it!.. I strongly suggest everybody to read it.
It's about some sibling who had to shift to different place because of war and the youngest of all Lucy finds a wardrobe leading to a different world 'Narnia '..what happens next..?!.. U need to get the book right now and read it!
Thanks for reading... If u liked the review plz reply to me ! :D
Eileen R
In It Together VIP
Favorite Book: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows
Currently Reading: Toni the Superhero
Bookshelf Size: 45
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-eileen-r.html
Latest Review: Manifesto for a Cancer Patient by Colleen Huber, NMD

Post by Eileen R »

The famous five and secret seven

Return to “Children's Books”