Review of Lucky the Poochipug

Please use this sub-forum to discuss both middle-grade and younger children's books, including picture books, easy readers, and children's chapter books. Topics for books aimed at children 12 and under go in this forum.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Soma Ezenwanne
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 63
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-soma-ezenwanne.html
Latest Review: Lucky the Poochipug by Howard & Pat London

Review of Lucky the Poochipug

Post by Soma Ezenwanne »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Lucky the Poochipug" by Howard & Pat London.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

As we already know, humans are more knowledgeable than animals, but we have a lot in common regarding emotions, a unique way of life, and illness. We should also acknowledge that every life is valuable, and this book titled Lucky the Poochipug: A True Story About Love of a Dog, Loss Grieving, Rescue, Illness, Healing, and Happiness, written by Howard & Pat London and illustrated by Sophie Anne McGregor, is inspired by actual life events.

This book is written in the loving memory of Aggie, who brought joy to the authors' lives. After Aggie passed, Mimi and Papa were heartbroken and longed for a dog. They went to the animal shelter, where they found Lucky. Lucky was four years old and also longed for a family. But sadly, Lucky was sick and needed medications for almost a year. Lucky became part of their family, learned to live with them, and loved them. As events unfolded, we would know about the challenges and the relationship between Papa and Mimi and their new-found dog in this book, Lucky the Poochipug.

I found this book very touching and it appealed to me because the storyline was unique. The authors' love for animals was evident in this book, and I learned a lot from it. I learned from this book that there are a lot of animals out there who need help. The pictorial illustrations were lovely, and I commend Sophie, the illustrator, for a job well done. The idea behind the authors' decision on "Poochipug" was unique and creative. There are also moral lessons that readers, especially children, could learn from reading this book, such as perseverance and positivity.

I found nothing to dislike in this book, and because I found the storyline very touching and creative, I would rate this book 5 out of 5 stars. The book was also professionally edited, as I noticed an error while reading it. I recommend this book to children between the ages of 5 and 12.

Lucky the Poochipug
View: on Bookshelves
Olivier Muhammad
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: In It Together
Bookshelf Size: 13

Post by Olivier Muhammad »

Well, darlin', based on this review here, it looks like Lucky the Poochipug is a heartwarming book that tells a true story about love, loss, rescue, and healing. The authors, Howard & Pat London, seem to have poured their love for animals into this book, and it's clear that they've created something special. With lovely illustrations by Sophie Anne McGregor and valuable lessons for children, this book sounds like a good read, especially for the little ones. So if you're lookin' for a touching and creative story, go ahead and give Lucky the Poochipug a try, sugah. You won't be disappointed. Heartfelt moments, brought tears to my eyes.
Joshua Sawders
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13

Post by Joshua Sawders »

This heartfelt review highlights the touching storyline of "Lucky the Poochipug," a book inspired by real-life events. The authors' love for animals shines through, and the illustrations beautifully complement the narrative. With valuable moral lessons and a unique perspective, this book seems like a must-read for both children and animal lovers. A five-star rating and professional editing further enhance its appeal. Absorbing narrative, lost myself in the story completely.

Return to “Children's Books”