Official Review: The Oregon Kids by Bob Richley

Please use this sub-forum to discuss both middle-grade and younger children's books, including picture books, easy readers, and children's chapter books. Topics for books aimed at children 12 and under go in this forum.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Getrude dorcus
Bookshelf Size: 0

Re: Official Review: The Oregon Kids by Bob Richley

Post by Getrude dorcus »

The Oregon kids is an amazing book. I enjoyed the flow of the story as sometimes it made me feel sorry for Johanna for losing her pet, at the end I felt happy she found it. I felt sorry for autumn as she had to return the whiskers rabbit back to the owner.
The book has great lessons for kids. They should know that as much as they need something, they should not take the ones that don't belong to them.
The pictures are so illustrative, even before you read you have the flow of the story. They are colourful too,giving one a morale to read more.

I rate this book a 5 star out of 5. Thanks to the author.
jwalker73
Currently Reading: The Good Mother
Bookshelf Size: 291
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jwalker73.html
Latest Review: The Truth About Parallel Lines by Jill D. Block
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by jwalker73 »

A delightfully illustrated children's story book containing valuable lessons about responsibility and honesty. Shame the writing is a bit small.
violet-trey19
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 37

Post by violet-trey19 »

:lol2: The Oregon Kids by Bob Richley is amazing and delightful illustrated story of honesty and responsibility.Interesting story of lesson children learn from other childrens as to return something that belongs to other.Good review
teacher1958

Post by teacher1958 »

Honesty and esponsability, two values that are almost missing in kids nowadays...
Wesono
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 407
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-wesono.html
Latest Review: Randy Love...at your service by Shay Carter

Post by Wesono »

It's been awhile since I read a children's book. I can see I'm going to enjoy this one
vansmiles
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by vansmiles »

I like the flow of the story as it really relays the good values kids should have. Values, like honesty should be implanted to them while still young, being true to your feelings and having empathy, too. I also love how their Billy and Autumn Dad teach Autumn about being true and teaching her that it is not good to take other people's pet even if she is the one who saw and pick the bunny first as it is not hers. I like he taught Autumn on how would the owner feel and if she will be the owner how would she feels if her pet would be gone.

ALL in all, it is really a good story for kids.
MMJ 47

Post by MMJ 47 »

This book is teaches child how to be very honest and be responsible. They will understand good values in life.
Lakashia
Favorite Author: Nicholas Sparks
Favorite Book: Snowman Paul at the Winter Olympics
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lakashia.html
Latest Review: Break up with him now by Lena Lubinka
fav_author_id: 2460

Post by Lakashia »

"The Oregon Kids: Runaway Whiskers" By: Bob Richly is a story that teaches children on being patient about the things they want, and how important it is to always follow instructions. It's great to see that it's on a level for them to understand views on both sides to have a clear picture of being considerate of others. It shows values that will help them make respectable decisions while maintaining good character traits.

Return to “Children's Books”