Review of It's Beach Time with Rylie and Ricki

Please use this sub-forum to discuss both middle-grade and younger children's books, including picture books, easy readers, and children's chapter books. Topics for books aimed at children 12 and under go in this forum.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Soma Ezenwanne
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 63
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-soma-ezenwanne.html
Latest Review: Lucky the Poochipug by Howard & Pat London

Review of It's Beach Time with Rylie and Ricki

Post by Soma Ezenwanne »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "It's Beach Time with Rylie and Ricki" by Shari Young.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

The beach is great, and we usually go with our family and friends. However, there are etiquettes that parents should teach their children at an early age, and they will grow up knowing them. Shari Young's book It's Beach Time with Rylie and Ricki would be an excellent resource for educating children about the beach.

In this book, Rylie and Ricki will help us learn a lot that we may not know about the beach. Ricki initially took swimming lessons from Rylie, and she did well in them. He explained to her how important swimming lessons were, as well as the dangers of not knowing how to swim. Even though she could now swim, she was still required to go with an adult. Although the beach is fun, this book will enlighten us about important things to remember while at the beach. We also meet Lily, the sea turtle, and Sammy, the seagull. After reading this book, you will be shocked at how enlightening it is, and the author, Shari, has done an excellent job in her book It’s Beach Time with Rylie and Ricki.

As an adult, I've learned a lot about the beach, including some facts I hadn't previously considered, making this book unique in its specific purpose. The book informs readers of the dangers of digging and leaving holes in the beach for sea animals. The illustrator has done an excellent job of creating nice pictures in the book, enlightening children about what some sea creatures look like, and young children will learn a lot about sea animals, like the movements and nature of a sea turtle. This book has many safety tips, and I like how the importance of children knowing their full names and parent contact information is emphasized. Finally, the Dolphin Beach List is an excellent idea, as it would be easier for children to memorize for their benefit.

I had no dislikes, and considering the above positives, I rate this book 5 out of 5 stars. The meticulous editing of the book, which revealed no errors, delighted me. I also recommend this book to families with children between the ages of 6 and 12, as well as beach guides, as it would be most beneficial to them.

It's Beach Time with Rylie and Ricki
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Amy Luman
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Severed Roots
Bookshelf Size: 1021
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amy-luman.html
Latest Review: Time Before Time by Dan DuBose
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Amy Luman »

We seem to teach kids the dangers of the water to themselves, but not how their actions could affect others, including the animals that share the beach. It is different from swimming in a backyard or public pool. This also sounds like it ha other safety information as well. Thanks!

Return to “Children's Books”