The Grumpface By B.C.R. Fegan

Please use this sub-forum to discuss both middle-grade and younger children's books, including picture books, easy readers, and children's chapter books. Topics for books aimed at children 12 and under go in this forum.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Birdlady1950
Currently Reading: Let's Meet God
Bookshelf Size: 112
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-birdlady1950.html
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

The Grumpface By B.C.R. Fegan

Post by Birdlady1950 »

Illustrator Daniela Frongia

STORY-LINE AND CONCEPT OF THE GRUMPFACE BY B.C.R. FEGAN

In The Grumpface, B. C. R. Fegan author and Daniela Frongia illustrator, crafted an entertaining book for any child. With a premise easy to follow, the child will giggle and wiggle as they listen to this fun filled book.

A grumpy man became grumpy with a wizard. The wizard changed him into Grumpface and placed him deep in the dark forest. Grumpface would have to laugh before he would change back to a man. He devised a game for the people who wandered into the forest. They had to complete three task or stay in the forest. Dan wanted to find a rose for the flower vender, Bella, who he loved. Going into the forest, he meets Grumpface and laughter follows as Dan tried to complete the three task.

I love rhyming poems and stories; I am sure any child would love to have this book. The rhyming will catch the adult or child's attention immediately. Children will find the rhyming easy to remember and follow. All children love to have someone read to them; this book is perfect for any time of day as you set with your child.

With illustrations, detailed and colorful, children will love looking at the pages in The Grumpface. I do not think they will be frighten as Grumpface resembles an old grumpy green leprechaun. With help from the reader/adult, children will understand laughter can change a person's attitude and outlook; the reader/adult should explain Grumpface becomes a different person after seeing Dan's funny attempts to complete the three task. The reader/adult can also impress upon the child how the man became Grumpface; an excellent teaching tool. An adult could sit with the child who's reading age and explain the concepts of the book.

I found The Grumpface perfect for child ages 5-10. The Grumpface has a happy ending for all. Also, I would not hesitate to buy this book for a child. I am sure it will become a favorite book in mom's arsenal; a good book for any child's collection.

The GRUMPFACE RECOMMENDATION: STARS 4

FINALLY, PLEASE NOTE:

Additionally, I received this book from the author and chose to voluntarily review the book with an honest children’s book review. Lastly, book reviews of any novel are dependent on the book review author’s opinion. Consequently, all book reviews on-line and on my blog, are my opinions. In addition, the ARC did not affect my voluntary children’s book review.
Bluecobia
Currently Reading: Game of Thrones
Bookshelf Size: 55
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bluecobia.html
Latest Review: The miner by F.Robert

Post by Bluecobia »

This sounds like a book I would like to read to my grand daughter.
Latest Review: The miner by F.Robert
RegularGuy3
Currently Reading: All the Light We Cannot See
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-regularguy3.html
Latest Review: Farmer Beau's Farm by Kathleen Geiger

Post by RegularGuy3 »

Sounds great! Thanks!

Return to “Children's Books”