Featured Official Review: Dragon Born by Ela Lourenco

Please use this sub-forum to discuss both middle-grade and younger children's books, including picture books, easy readers, and children's chapter books. Topics for books aimed at children 12 and under go in this forum.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
AWANDO OGUTU
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-awando-ogutu.html
Latest Review: Brand Real by Vasken Kalayjian

Re: Featured Official Review: Dragon Born by Ela Lourenco

Post by AWANDO OGUTU »

The book is about A little girl Lara who is so obsessed with magic. She has a difficult time dealing with magic whenever she's bullied at school.
NikkiGestopa
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by NikkiGestopa »

I loved the story, yet it its like a harry potter story but i really loved this one it takes me to another world i should know because I’m 13 and loves to read book. Inviting more of my friends to read it :D
Paiges-reads
Favorite Book: Immortals' Requiem
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-paiges-reads.html
Latest Review: Fish Wielder by J.R.R.R. (Jim) Hardison

Post by Paiges-reads »

As someone who loves dragons, magic, and female characters, this book review caught my attention right away. While a young child going to wizard school and eventually having to fight evil forces does sound like a quick Harry Potter summary, I am still interested in reading this book. It's good to know that the first book is mostly setting up the characters and world building, but still leaves the reader wanting more at the end. Thank you for the review, I look forward to reading more on this book!
AWANDO OGUTU
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-awando-ogutu.html
Latest Review: Brand Real by Vasken Kalayjian

Post by AWANDO OGUTU »

Bullying is still a problem encountered in some school. Lara is bullied as a new student in magic school. The headteacher cones to her aid upon learning of her magical powers.
Cecilia_L
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 436
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cecilia-l.html
Latest Review: No Rushing when Brushing by Humairah Shah

Post by Cecilia_L »

Not my cup of tea, but even so, I think there's a room for a girl-power version of Harry Potter. :happy-cheerleadersmileygirl:
ShailaSheshadri
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shailasheshadri.html
Latest Review: Who Told You That You Were Naked? by William Combs

Post by ShailaSheshadri »

The reviewer says, Dragon Born is similar to the incredibly famous Harry Potter in many ways. It will surely be a good read for children, young adults, and elders who like fantasies and magical stories. I wish this book to be as popular as Harry Potter.
debbiebamise123

Post by debbiebamise123 »

It's really awesome to know that there is another interesting young adult fantasy novel just like Harry Potter. Hey! If it's similar to Harry Potter, then it has to be interesting like Harry Potter. Dragon born is gonna be a great novel and I look forward to reading it
AJamie
Favorite Book: The Smart One
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15

Post by AJamie »

Thanks for the review Rachael. thou I love magic and its related stories Harry Potter does not interest that much and so does similar stories.
laurenceaquino

Post by laurenceaquino »

Lets give a chance, the story is looks interesting and exciting. If the we compare in to Harry Potter its just a small dot. Harry Potter is a big Boom. The story like this should be read it made up with effort.
Ksharmilla
Currently Reading: Going Wild
Bookshelf Size: 52
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ksharmilla.html
Latest Review: McDowell by William H. Coles

Post by Ksharmilla »

This sounds like a book I would love. I love everything about fantasy novels and magic. Even if it is similar to Harry Potter, I feel for me it would be great since I am a huge fan.
Shopmantimi

Post by Shopmantimi »

:techie-reference: This book is going to be boom. Many says its similar to Harry Potter, there's room for similarity anyway. Am waiting patiently for this book.
Dpac429582

Post by Dpac429582 »

This sounds like a very fun adventure! Young readers are curious and this review gives all the hints of something to come. I am very interested in reading more about the world of Azmantium, Lara and head mistress Aelwen!
Imela

Post by Imela »

Being similar does not make it bad and i think actually it's unique and just perfect as it is....A must get on my shelf!
Torprosper

Post by Torprosper »

The intro is so inviting.
I liked #Harry portal and if Dragon born is similar to it,
Then I will sure enjoy reading it.
Gyde

Post by Gyde »

I like Harry Potter alot and I find magic fascinating.I would not mind reading the female version of Harry Potter. Very interesting review

Return to “Children's Books”