Captain Underpants series by Dav Pilkey (spoilers)

Please use this sub-forum to discuss both middle-grade and younger children's books, including picture books, easy readers, and children's chapter books. Topics for books aimed at children 12 and under go in this forum.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Storygamer88
Currently Reading: The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time
Bookshelf Size: 365
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-storygamer88.html
Latest Review: "A Town Called Gonefor" by Wesley Cris
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Captain Underpants series by Dav Pilkey (spoilers)

Post by Storygamer88 »

I know a lot of parents may dislike it for how juvenile it is, but I think there are actually some really sweet moments in Captain Underpants and even some take aways for kids too. It does praise imagination, creativity and cleverness in the books, and it has nice, sweet themes of friendship.

In particular, the last book in the series ends on a VERY sweet, heartfelt note with the two best friends writing comic books for fun in their tree house. This harkens back to the beginning of the very first book, and it points out their deep friendship fueled by a love of telling stories that they share.
Hi all. I like board games, card games, video games, books (especially children's books and mysteries), stories, cartoons, anime, manga, light novels, animation, and other light-hearted, fun things. Feel free to message if you want to chat!
Latest Review: "A Town Called Gonefor" by Wesley Cris
MsTri
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Miranda Ann Markley
Favorite Book: The Spirit Seeds Book 1
Currently Reading: the Secret of Safe Passage
Bookshelf Size: 1033
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mstri.html
Latest Review: Suddenly Free, Vol. 1 by Yvette Carmon Davis
Reading Device: B07HZHJGY7
fav_author_id: 225682

Post by MsTri »

I got the entire series for my children when they were young and we ALL ended up loving it very much. I recently got a digital copy of the movie, as well, and even though I haven't yet taken the time to watch it, my youngest - who is now 23 - watched it and enjoyed it very much. She said they totally got it right and it reminded her of fun times during her youth.

And c'mon, really. Maybe nobody says so, but it totally looks like Superman, Batman, etc are running around in their underpants! I even had some Wonder Woman Underoos when I was little, *lol*!
rcarr13
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rcarr13.html
Latest Review: Weaponized Prayer Missiles Against Infirmities. by Dr. Omolara Olaniyi

Post by rcarr13 »

I have not read this series, but it sounds like something my son would enjoy. We may have to give it a try.
Xuyz2341
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Xuyz2341 »

Captain underpants is a very exciting book to read I used to read them as a child

Return to “Children's Books”