Official Review: Here and There, Loving You Always

Please use this sub-forum to discuss both middle-grade and younger children's books, including picture books, easy readers, and children's chapter books. Topics for books aimed at children 12 and under go in this forum.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Lennycat
Currently Reading: finding nary
Bookshelf Size: 109
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lennycat.html
Latest Review: Saving Nary by Carol DeMent

Re: Official Review: Here and There, Loving You Always

Post by Lennycat »

Wow. I really love that this book helps tell the story of adoption. This seems like it could be a difficult subject to talk about with children and perhaps this book would help with that.
Mrsbellaz
Currently Reading: Who told you that you were naked
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mrsbellaz.html
Latest Review: "Who Told You That You Were Naked?" by William Combs

Post by Mrsbellaz »

What a touching story to have for an adopted child. Even if it's not true. Say the birth mother had no part in the child's life. I could see how it would be comforting for a child to believe their birth mother gave them up for their benefit and in some crazy way, she knew he was okay. (Even if she can't watch them grow). What a great idea! Adoption is such a confusing thing for a child. Great review. Thanks.
Latest Review: "Who Told You That You Were Naked?" by William Combs
Rosemary Okoko
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 89
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rosemary-okoko.html
Latest Review: The Sins of a Master Race by Matthew Tysz

Post by Rosemary Okoko »

Good job for a baby book. Nice review.
Josephkiio
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Josephkiio »

A very good book especially for adopted children itabidi can be helpful to the acepatanc of their state
collins mary nyokabi
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by collins mary nyokabi »

ooh my, wonna have my son read it too.Highlighted it with lots of affection.Love it.

-- 13 Jul 2017, 08:13 --

The biological mother shows lots of love and affection,despite having adapted him.All in all, wish it is well elaborated why she chose to adopt the boy.Dont appear real for an adopted child to be missed by the biological mother.How will this end up?
bookowlie
Special Discussion Leader
Favorite Book: The Lost Continent
Currently Reading: The Night She Went Missing
Bookshelf Size: 442
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bookowlie.html
Latest Review: To Paint A Murder by E. J. Gandolfo

Post by bookowlie »

Thanks everyone for the feedback. Lennycat - I agree that adoption is a sensitive subject to discuss with kids and the book might help. Collins mary nyokabi - I think it's very realistic that a biological mother would miss and love the child they gave up for adoption. In this book, the adoption was an open adoption where the adoptive parents kept in touch with the biological mother.
"The best way out is always through" - Robert Frost
momschellsr
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-momschellsr.html
Latest Review: Diary of a Snoopy Cat by R.F. Kristi
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by momschellsr »

I am adopted. I am constantly being asked for my own personal perspective about the whole adoption thing. I picked this book as a want to read book. I have two adopted nephews and they are ages 4-13, I am thinking this book could benefit them if it is easy for that age group to understand. As your reviews are being posted I am thinking this could be a purchase item for me. I appreciate all the reviews and for the author writing on a topic that definitely changed my life, as it has others.

Return to “Children's Books”