Official Review: The Very Loving Caterpillar by Sean Browne

Please use this sub-forum to discuss both middle-grade and younger children's books, including picture books, easy readers, and children's chapter books. Topics for books aimed at children 12 and under go in this forum.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Isaac Nkrumah
Bookshelf Size: 3

Re: Official Review: The Very Loving Caterpillar by Sean Bro

Post by Isaac Nkrumah »

I have not deeply gone into the book but following the comment and the background of the story line...I think kids will love the book because it has very attractive book cover and beautiful drawing...I know children from 7-10 will love this book
twinn
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-twinn.html
Latest Review: "The Immigrant's Lament" by Mois benarroch

Post by twinn »

The illustrations are perfect. Choice of bright colors makes it likeable by kids, it brightens up moods. If I was a pediatrician, I would definitely have a few copies..I would still get it for my son. I don't know about the font size though, I hope they are bigger in the book than it seems here.

-- 14 Jun 2017, 06:06 --
twinn wrote:The illustrations are perfect. Choice of bright colors makes it likeable by kids, it brightens up moods. If I was a pediatrician, I would definitely have a few copies..I would still get it for my son. I don't know about the font size though, I hope they are bigger in the book than it seems here.
Latest Review: "The Immigrant's Lament" by Mois benarroch
Mollymae
Currently Reading: Beartown
Bookshelf Size: 39
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mollymae.html
Latest Review: "The Intrepid" by Jeff Tellier
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Mollymae »

You've written a very nice review. I find it difficult to review shorter children's books and appreciate your skill.
Latest Review: "The Intrepid" by Jeff Tellier
Steshie
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Steshie »

Sounds good for kids :)
Estrelldamilola
Currently Reading: Mark of the Remaker
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reading Device: 1400697484

Post by Estrelldamilola »

cool its funny... recommended for nusery schools
Belynda White
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 8">Destiny Revisited</a>
Currently Reading: What Lies Within
Bookshelf Size: 48
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-belynda-white.html
Latest Review: "Heartaches" by H.M. Irwing
Reading Device: 1400697484

Post by Belynda White »

I actually enjoy reading picture/animated books. Sounds like something I'll really enjoy. Great review!
Most times, I fall flat on my face. But never do I remain on the floor; I rise again.
Latest Review: "Heartaches" by H.M. Irwing
christiana caleb

Post by christiana caleb »

the book is a niece piece,really meant for children,thou it contain some abstracts word,but with the help of the picture for illustration it gives clue and expose them to many things and vocabulary.
Elikem
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 5
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-elikem.html
Latest Review: The Spirit of Want by William H. Coles

Post by Elikem »

It sounds like a book I would have loved to read growing up. I think once the story is interesting to read, the advanced words and phrases will not hinder kids but rather push them to find their meanings and add to their stock of vocabularly. Our favourite stories always teach a new word or two.
Dragosta
Currently Reading:

Post by Dragosta »

Haven't​ grab my copy yet but it sounds cool, hopefully kids will have good time reading it. Educational and funny stories are the one much be liked to read for all ages. :)
Victor kimani
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by Victor kimani »

Going through the review, The Very Loving caterpillar the story is educative to children. The only problem is the sophiscated writing style. Three stars for the book
Fuzee4
Currently Reading: Yesterday
Bookshelf Size: 427

Post by Fuzee4 »

That would be an entertaining yet thoughtful book for a child. The idea of spreading environmental awareness through the story of a caterpillar seems appealing. Great review btw!
JuliaMamohale Molapo

Post by JuliaMamohale Molapo »

The review is facinating and i admit some words and phrases chosen are a bit complex but if read in context, kids can guess intelligently what they imply or suggest. They can relate with the caterpillar being a member of a family.
I can rate the story 3 out of 4
Rosemary Okoko
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 89
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rosemary-okoko.html
Latest Review: The Sins of a Master Race by Matthew Tysz

Post by Rosemary Okoko »

I agree with you that this caterpillar ought to have been given a name for identification and ease of reference by kids who read it. Sounds like a nice read for kids. Nice review.
Daniela Araiza

Post by Daniela Araiza »

I read a similar book when I was in elementary, and this book by it's cover seems to be as good as the one I read a few years ago. Kids and parents would totally love it, specially because the ilustration is great, and I bet kids would enjoy.
lancer254
Currently Reading: Confrontation
Bookshelf Size: 29

Post by lancer254 »

The book is very informative and entertaining as well. Thanks for the review.

Return to “Children's Books”