Review of The Black Knight and the Voyage to the Dark Seas

Please use this sub-forum to discuss both middle-grade and younger children's books, including picture books, easy readers, and children's chapter books. Topics for books aimed at children 12 and under go in this forum.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Victory Ositaorah
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 79
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-victory-ositaorah.html
Latest Review: Jewelry Heist by Kathleen Heart Smith

Review of The Black Knight and the Voyage to the Dark Seas

Post by Victory Ositaorah »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "The Black Knight and the Voyage to the Dark Seas" by Marcus Donaldson.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Stories about the oceans and their potential size are familiar to us when we are young. I can only speculate about what goes on in the sea beyond transportation, but listening to and imagining this perspective is fascinating. This book, The Black Knight and the Voyage to the Dark Seas, written by Marcus Donaldson, gives readers a chance to learn about pirates and the seas. I could picture the pirates and how they fought in the fights described.

The Black Knight left the Cracked Rock Castle and headed to his fastest ship, the Dragon's Tooth. On his arrival, Captain Courtney was surprised, and Knight asked that they set sail for the Dark Seas despite the heavy storm. On the journey, the Black Knight in his cabin unrolled a piece of paper with a message from his brother, the White Knight, that has led to this journey that reads, "Max, I have been captured. It's CJ. Dark Seas." This is the beginning of this exciting book, and I suggest getting a copy of The Black Knight and the Voyage to the Dark Seas to find out if the Black Knight could get through the Dark Seas to achieve his aim.

This book was very appealing because the author was direct and didn't spend so much time introducing the book. The author went straight into the book's action, which helped with the book's pacing. The author's language choice was also ideal for this book, and I love the choice of names for ships and characters. The Black Knight as a character was also very well developed, and I loved the powers the armor of the White Knight gave him.

I have no negative comments about this book, and with the positives listed above, I rate it 5 out of 5 stars. I also didn't encounter any errors while reading it, which proves it was meticulously edited. I recommend this book to children ages 7 to 10 because they find it easy to flow with this storyline.

The Black Knight and the Voyage to the Dark Seas
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Donald Cecil Hufstedler
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-donald-cecil-hufstedler.html
Latest Review: Twisted Threads by Kaylin McFarren

Post by Donald Cecil Hufstedler »

The review for "The Black Knight and the Voyage to the Dark Seas" by Marcus Donaldson indicates that the book is a captivating and exciting read. The reviewer appreciates the direct approach and fast-paced action, as well as the well-developed characters and imaginative ship names. The lack of negative comments and error-free reading experience suggest a meticulously edited book. The reviewer highly recommends it for children aged 7 to 10. Overall, this review portrays "The Black Knight and the Voyage to the Dark Seas" as a fantastic book choice.

Return to “Children's Books”