Official Review: Out Loud by Luz Agudelo

Please use this sub-forum to discuss both middle-grade and younger children's books, including picture books, easy readers, and children's chapter books. Topics for books aimed at children 12 and under go in this forum.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Plam
Currently Reading: Talent is overrated
Bookshelf Size: 7

Re: Official Review: Out Loud by Luz Agudelo

Post by Plam »

The author brings children's attention and their parents in his book ''Out Loud'' to two major problems in our society-bullying and pollution. To change the current situation, it's important people to address problems out loud, just like Luz Agudelo through rhyme and beautiful pictures address out loud not only to children the necessity of being good and not to pollute the environment. If you want to destroy the monsters of bullying and pollution, read the book to your children and try to be a bit better than yesterday!
LeenaNaftal
Currently Reading: The Everett Exorcism
Bookshelf Size: 5

Post by LeenaNaftal »

it is really a nice book for children so that they learn how to deal with bullies. it is not easy to confront and tell him to stop. I enjoyed reading the book.
ali charafeddine
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by ali charafeddine »

An amazing book :) I don't understand English
Moniquejm
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 2759">What is and isn't Working for the Alcoholic and Addict</a>
Currently Reading: Small Change
Bookshelf Size: 151
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-moniquejm.html
Latest Review: "Farmer Beau's Farm" by Kathleen Geiger

Post by Moniquejm »

This is an amazing book. Thank you to the author for giving this book for free. Thank you also for this great review.
Latest Review: "Farmer Beau's Farm" by Kathleen Geiger
Alice Heritage
Review Team Guidelines Team Leader
Favorite Author: Wilkie Collins
Favorite Book: Wuthering Heights
Currently Reading: 50 Masterpieces of Gothic Fiction
Bookshelf Size: 377
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alice-heritage.html
Latest Review: Entrepreneurship: 5 Best Practices for Stay-At-Home-Moms who want to start an Online Business by Patricia Jennings
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
Publishing Contest Votes: 1
fav_author_id: 1
Signature Addition: Mod

Post by Alice Heritage »

Thank you for the review, which covers all the aspects that struck me about the book. It is a touching story and the beautiful illustrations are a particularly strong point.

I would agree with the point that has been raised about the target age range. I have two children aged 8 and 11 who are well beyond the rhyming picture book stage - that's more like 4 (and younger) to 7.
Mod
Sheela kanwal
Currently Reading: The Expelled
Bookshelf Size: 28

Post by Sheela kanwal »

I highly appreciate this review. It effortlessly sumed up the whole concept behind the story. It is a must read and specially for children. It also focuses on few social issues and surely conveys a message.
Great review!
Rosemary Okoko
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 89
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rosemary-okoko.html
Latest Review: The Sins of a Master Race by Matthew Tysz

Post by Rosemary Okoko »

Bullying is everywhere and it was a good idea for the author to write a book on it to help those who get bullied. Nice review.

-- 20 Jun 2017, 09:18 --

Bullying is everywhere and it was a good idea for the author to write a book on it to help those who get bullied. Nice review.
Anjum
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anjum.html
Latest Review: "The Elf Brief" by Jordan David

Post by Anjum »

This sounds like a good read for children. They would get a chance to learn about confidence and bravery. Another thing that I liked about the book is that it also focuses on saving the environment.
Latest Review: "The Elf Brief" by Jordan David
KeriCraven
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kericraven.html
Latest Review: "Life Before" by K.L. Romo

Post by KeriCraven »

Bullying is such an important thing to discuss with your kids. Thank you for your review.
Latest Review: "Life Before" by K.L. Romo
xienna30
Bookshelf Size: 3

Post by xienna30 »

It's a book for children that teaches courage to stand.This may inspires kids to take a stand. It is timely and relevant to current dilemma children are facing in school. Its a creative way to teach children courage and kindness at the same time.
meteku4
Bookshelf Size: 65
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-meteku4.html
Latest Review: "Followed my Star" by AR Annahita

Post by meteku4 »

The truth is well told in such a dramatic fashion. Bullying is a problem in our schools and I appreciate the writer rising up to the challenge to give us a clue as to how our kids should face it in an amicable way. Thanks for the review!
Latest Review: "Followed my Star" by AR Annahita
Cynthia Awino
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Cynthia Awino »

I realy love the beggining and the way the characters are placed and used,its a good book to bring up a child that will no bullying is not good since its a problem today and even parents dont talk about it with their kids
cpru68
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book: What My Dog Taught Me About Jesus
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 179
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cpru68.html
Latest Review: Heaven's Call by Roger Dawson
Reading Device: B00HCNHDN0

Post by cpru68 »

This one sounds relevant and educational. I think kids would get a kick out of having a tool like this to rely on when confronted by a bully. It brings recognition to an age old problem that just seem to progress no matter what plans and programs are out into at school. A good place to start is reading a book together at home. Many adults need to get this right. It sounds like you enjoyed this book, and that is apparent in your good review.
Everything happens for a reason...
Riszell
Currently Reading: The Vanished
Bookshelf Size: 1041
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-riszell.html
Latest Review: Chancing Hope by Lisa Slater

Post by Riszell »

This sounds like a simple book with extraordinary contents because of deep learnings. I like that it covers more than just the topic of bully or bullying, particularly that of taking care of nature.
Riszell
Currently Reading: The Vanished
Bookshelf Size: 1041
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-riszell.html
Latest Review: Chancing Hope by Lisa Slater

Post by Riszell »

This is a great book to teach kids early about bullying and to avoid it. I also like the message about taking care of nature. This book can serve as reminder to everyone, including adults to take care of nature. Reading this book can be the first step to teach children to reach zero waste goal and to save bodies of water.

Return to “Children's Books”