Official Review: Rocky by Jennie E Nicassio

Please use this sub-forum to discuss both middle-grade and younger children's books, including picture books, easy readers, and children's chapter books. Topics for books aimed at children 12 and under go in this forum.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Insomniac07
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 62
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-insomniac07.html
Latest Review: Niching Up by Chris Dreyer

Re: Official Review: Rocky by Jennie E Nicassio

Post by Insomniac07 »

I've downloaded the book. Will give it a shot. Thanks for the review.
huzaifabaaz
Bookshelf Size: 37

Post by huzaifabaaz »

What an amazing story!!! Attractive.
mwandiki
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 66
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mwandiki.html
Latest Review: The Sword Swallower and a Chico Kid by Gary Robinson

Post by mwandiki »

The book is a great read. I urge all my followers to take time off and read it. It will be time well spent.
Jeconiaomolo
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 65">Heaven and Earth</a>
Currently Reading: Heads Will Roll
Bookshelf Size: 133
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jeconiaomolo.html
Latest Review: Heartaches 3 by H.M. Irwing

Post by Jeconiaomolo »

Rockythe rockefeller Christian tree is such an interesting book and it can encourage young children to middle age children as it relay a message of self confidence despite how scornful your neighbours maybe just like spruce and AJ were to Rocky. Rocky is able to win the contest just because of self confidence and hard working. It as well teach young children to stop being a bully because it doesn't help anything. People will start talking of magic as you move deep into your success but who cares. This book is so much interesting and despite the fact that am not a child I was able to enjoy it. Congratulations to the #BOTD
"Employ your time in improving yourself by other men's writings so that you shall gain easily what others have laboured hard for"-
Socrates
Karolin
Currently Reading: Kardok vihara
Bookshelf Size: 259
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-karolin.html
Latest Review: "Brutal Valour: The Tragedy of Isandlwana" by James Mace

Post by Karolin »

Awesome! Just yesterday I was thinking about children's tales, mentally making a list what to read from. This is an excellent and cute story with important messages. Thanks for the great review!
“I’m an introvert ... I love being by myself, love being outdoors, love taking a long walk with my dogs and looking at the trees, flowers, the sky.” - Audrey Hepburn
Latest Review: "Brutal Valour: The Tragedy of Isandlwana" by James Mace
tommy mpoyi
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by tommy mpoyi »

The book with a tree as a main character for children is really amazing. It glues children on their seats. :techie-

-- 17 Jul 2017, 23:47 --

Jennie has raised an important issue of patience that children and people should learn
Aldonsa
Currently Reading: God Is Not A Noun: Evolutionaries Illuminati Cosmic Bible Ginan
Bookshelf Size: 62
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aldonsa.html
Latest Review: "The Fifth Crusade" by Mark Butler

Post by Aldonsa »

A wonderful tale, that not only entertain kids, but teach self-confidence, comparison, achieving goals. My son liked pictures very much!
Thank you fot the review!
Latest Review: "The Fifth Crusade" by Mark Butler
Nikki Montefolka

Post by Nikki Montefolka »

The Rockefeller Christmas Tree is a book that I will surely recommend to other mothers to buy for their kids. The values that this book conveys about believing in one's self especially when no one believes in you is an essential trait for a kid to have. At this time and age when bullying is a reality, it is important for a kid to see his worth as a person and feel good about himself. Having books like this that will help our kids get to know and learn the core values they need to grow up as responsible and ethical individuals, is very helpful to parents. Thank you, Jennie Nicassio for the concept and Dina Colangelo for the illustrations which I'm sure will fully enthral other kids as they did my own kid.

-- 18 Jul 2017, 00:05 --

The Rockefeller Christmas Tree is a book that I will surely recommend to other mothers to buy for their kids. The values that this book conveys about believing in one's self especially when no one believes in you is an essential trait for a kid to have. At this time and age when bullying is a reality, it is important for a kid to see his worth as a person and feel good about himself. Having books like this that will help our kids get to know and learn the core values they need to grow up as responsible and ethical individuals, is very helpful to parents. Thank you, Jennie Nicassio for the concept and Dina Colangelo for the illustrations which I'm sure will fully enthral other kids as they did my own kid. :tiphat:
Moses Din
Currently Reading: Skin Deep
Bookshelf Size: 14

Post by Moses Din »

Man if there is something i admire is the creativity used in this book, clearly this is genius... not only for the kids but for all the people who admire the art of reading.
Mustafa Abdi malik
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 98284">The ultimate secrets of total self-confidence</a>
Currently Reading: The Three Sisters
Bookshelf Size: 11

Post by Mustafa Abdi malik »

When i was reading this its like i was in a high clas area ...this book really made my day..its really convincing ...what a book it is
Rai juma
Currently Reading: Can I Be Frank?
Bookshelf Size: 40

Post by Rai juma »

its a great book specially for the kids and its so inspiring loved it so much and its really fabulous to read it must add it to my shelf.
Kitkat3
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 1496">Milk and Honey</a>
Currently Reading: All the Light We Cannot See
Bookshelf Size: 254
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kitkat3.html
Latest Review: A Bundle of Colorful Yarns by Louis Winslow

Post by Kitkat3 »

This is a really cute Children's Book that I think that my sister would like. I really like the message of believing in yourself. Great review!
Ferdinand_Otieno
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Author: Victor Rose
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 1749
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ferdinand-otieno.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker
fav_author_id: 78026

Post by Ferdinand_Otieno »

Rocky by Jennifer E Nicassio is an excellent children's book with an excellent tree main character.
Ashley Nestler
Bookshelf Size: 44
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ashley-nestler.html
Latest Review: "Yesterday" by Samyann
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by Ashley Nestler »

I love how you described this story as giving life to Charlie Brown's Christmas tree! This sounds like an original children's story, and I can't wait to read it.
"We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus! That alone should make us love each other, but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing."

—Charles Bukowski
Latest Review: "Yesterday" by Samyann
Boringbug
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-boringbug.html
Latest Review: "That Place of Knowledge" by Philip Alan Shalka

Post by Boringbug »

This is an interesting review. I showed the book to my niece and she was full of questions which is a healthy exercise.

Not keeping in mind the above facts, the book definitely is worthy of being referred to kids for a read.
Latest Review: "That Place of Knowledge" by Philip Alan Shalka

Return to “Children's Books”