Official Review: A Spiritual Dog: "Bear"

Please use this sub-forum to discuss both middle-grade and younger children's books, including picture books, easy readers, and children's chapter books. Topics for books aimed at children 12 and under go in this forum.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Aldonsa
Currently Reading: God Is Not A Noun: Evolutionaries Illuminati Cosmic Bible Ginan
Bookshelf Size: 62
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aldonsa.html
Latest Review: "The Fifth Crusade" by Mark Butler

Re: Official Review: A Spiritual Dog: "Bear"

Post by Aldonsa »

I'm a lover of books about animals, so I'd read this one gladly together with my son. :techie-studyingbrown: He'd like pictures for sure :lol2: Thank you for a nice review!
Latest Review: "The Fifth Crusade" by Mark Butler
EdilbertoCabatana123
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by EdilbertoCabatana123 »

Bookowlie's official review of porter's book shows that he or she must also be a dog lover. Dogs are perhaps the most loyal pets that anybody can have if the pet is treated with love and affection and "Bear", Porter's Spiritual dog is no exception. But the book is undoubtedly a children's book and the grammatical errors and the sloppy phrases may be intentional. If my grandchildren will read the book, they will enjoy it.
Chandre
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 51
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chandre.html
Latest Review: Toni the Superhero by R.D. Base

Post by Chandre »

I loved the sample. Well done on book of the day.
Pryrates2002
Bookshelf Size: 3

Post by Pryrates2002 »

Great review... Really I want to fall in love with this book. The relationship of dogs and humans is so efficiently portrayed in this book that it is a must read for all. It teaches us a lot about humanity and the nature of dogs.
Tony sota

Post by Tony sota »

Is a very nice book for children.but the title don't need to carry spiritual and that name bear should be avoid so long u dealing with demostic animal. And the front cover need to carry some children playing with pupils
blessing john
Currently Reading: My Trip To Adele
Bookshelf Size: 5

Post by blessing john »

the book is a nice,it is human with animal is a non friction book to make it more interesting the pictures of the animal with human was indicated,alot of figures of speech present,it contains a simple diction for the understanding of little ones
renarvr

Post by renarvr »

A really sweet and cute story. Although I've always been a cat person and I never had the chance to actually get a dog for myself this story makes me really want to get a dog. :lol2:
Olatunde Adeola
Bookshelf Size: 7

Post by Olatunde Adeola »

The book is a very scary one going by the title but it's an interesting one for children going by the contents of it, by my understanding of it, the shelter workers must have identified the specific dog out of the rest.
MURIIRA
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... >Escape</a>
Currently Reading: The Diary Of An Immortal (1945-1959)
Bookshelf Size: 9
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-muriira.html
Latest Review: "The 11.05 Murders" by Brian O'Hare

Post by MURIIRA »

Review: A Spiritual Dog: "Bear"

This book is a great educative piece, especially for growing children. It teaches them to be caring for the less fortunate. Having adopted a dog, the kids will grow with the knowledge of being caring to others regardless of their status. If blessed they can adopt children when they are of age. However that message does not come out clearly especially for kids, so I give it a 3 out of 4 stars.
Latest Review: "The 11.05 Murders" by Brian O'Hare
Reniella

Post by Reniella »

This book can help the children to know what is "importance". It can help them grow and start thinking as an adult. Especially taking responsibilities towards their pets and love once. ??
Karen88
Currently Reading: Strong Heart
Bookshelf Size: 52

Post by Karen88 »

I think the book seems nice. I also think it could help raise awareness regarding dogs in animal shelters. Having no child of my own and having neither nephew nor niece, I can't say I would be reading this book. Basing from the review, I think the author should get the book edited. Especially, since the target readers are children from ages 3- 10.
martoshiks

Post by martoshiks »

Beautiful story. I even read it to my little sister as a bedtime story. I love it when you add pictures to the story..
Sumemrsauce
Currently Reading: A Bad Beginning

Post by Sumemrsauce »

Sounds like such a great book... I love Pets and I find true story very heart touching
dhomespot
Currently Reading: Blind Black Sheep
Bookshelf Size: 69
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dhomespot.html
Latest Review: The Sword Swallower and a Chico Kid by Gary Robinson

Post by dhomespot »

This looks like a great book for children. My oldest dog was dropped on my property about 10 years ago. I would not trade her or her pups, for anything in the world. Thank you for your review.
"Maybe ever’body in the whole damn world is scared of each other."- John Steinbeck
huzaifabaaz
Bookshelf Size: 37

Post by huzaifabaaz »

What an amazing review. A story that my little brother just read and got excited immediately asking for more stories. However, the funniest part of the book was when Bear became upset about the new swimming pool and shed

Return to “Children's Books”