Official Review: The Bigfoot Paradox by Rebecca Coyte

Please use this sub-forum to discuss both middle-grade and younger children's books, including picture books, easy readers, and children's chapter books. Topics for books aimed at children 12 and under go in this forum.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
bellaterrabooks
Currently Reading: On the Rez
Bookshelf Size: 256
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bellaterrabooks.html
Latest Review: McDowell by William H. Coles

Re: Official Review: The Bigfoot Paradox by Rebecca Coyte

Post by bellaterrabooks »

The existence of Sasquatch is a very popular topic in some parts of the United States and likely worldwide, depending on the location. There are entire festivals, television shows and products dedicated to the venture of finding Sasquatch. An influential youth on the verge on self-discovery is prime for an adventure and for exploring the mysterious such as the existence of Bigfoot as a concept. It would appear that the author takes a calculable plotline to new heights by developing a story with eccentric characters and modern twists. Thank you for sharing your descriptions on this book, it sounds very unique.
Surabhi Rani
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: Demonslayer
Bookshelf Size: 1902
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-surabhi-rani.html
Latest Review: How To Decorate Cookies With Your Kids in an Afternoon by Micah Rhodes
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Surabhi Rani »

'official Review: The Bigfoot Paradox by Rebecca Coyte' is enriching and wholesome. It brings the best out of the story and points out towards it's strong point. The generous rating given to the book is appreciated!
rainydaysc64
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 834
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rainydaysc64.html
Latest Review: Isabella's Painting by Ellen Butler
Reading Device: B00OZTU156

Post by rainydaysc64 »

Nice review. While the book does sound like it's a good read, I'm not necessarily sure it's a book I'd particularly enjoy.
"I do believe something very magical can happen when you read a book."
- J.K. Rowling
Kibet Hillary
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3038
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kibet-hillary.html
Latest Review: A New War by Alexander Farah

Post by Kibet Hillary »

I would also like to read this book. Your review is awesome. I enjoyed reading it. The comments and opinions on the book are put forward well and they are honest as well. It is sad to note that one character got away without paying for the crime committed. However, it is good that children and young adults who read this book will learn much about kindness and compassion.
“It just hurts too much to admit what is wanted so badly when there’s no guarantee of its availability.”
- Dr. Larry Crabb
Sumbule1
Currently Reading: The Five Musketeers
Bookshelf Size: 137
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sumbule1.html
Latest Review: Pancake Money by Finn Bell

Post by Sumbule1 »

The novel is so interesting involving Bigfoot,the fiction part of the book makes it more fascinating and I wish to appreciate the type of review presented.
Samy Lax
Currently Reading: 100 Ways to Motivate Yourself
Bookshelf Size: 156
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-samy-lax.html
Latest Review: Chats with God in Underwear by Eduardo Chapunoff

Post by Samy Lax »

This book gets all the more interesting from the point where J.T. meets Billy and his crew. It's the perfect read for me!
“...in principle and reality, libraries are life-enhancing palaces of wonder.”
― Gail Honeyman, Eleanor Oliphant is Completely Fine
Shrabastee Chakraborty
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: The Warramunga's War
Currently Reading: Timewise
Bookshelf Size: 1153
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shrabastee-chakraborty.html
Latest Review: The Infinite Passion of Life by D.J. Paolini

Post by Shrabastee Chakraborty »

Indeed a very imaginative book. I am already halfway through the book, so it's good to know that things will get wrapped up well. Thanks for the review, it accurately reflects the spirit of the book!
Sicily Joy
Currently Reading: Becoming
Bookshelf Size: 906
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sicily-joy.html
Latest Review: What's Your Favorite Color? by Amber L Lassiter

Post by Sicily Joy »

From sampling the book, I wasn't convinced I would enjoy it. However, your review has convinced me to give in a try because I am interested the wild cast characters. A kid, a radio personality and psychic sound like alike of fun to read about. Thank you for a great review.
elizab8
Currently Reading: Blood and Roses
Bookshelf Size: 51
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-elizab8.html
Latest Review: Ironbark Hill by Jennie Linnane

Post by elizab8 »

Your review was very interesting. I always want to know the true story of Bigfoot. I also know it is children fictional sci-fi thriller of a large hairy animal that lives in the woods. The short story gives a detail description of the phenomenal creature who the town folks have seen or think they have. I believe that people of Onion Weed have a thrilling story to tell, and I will only know of it when I read the book. I think I will also enjoy J.T., his family and friends acquiescence of finding this creature.
ladycraic
Currently Reading: Natural Cures: Stay Healthy Naturally
Bookshelf Size: 239
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ladycraic.html
Latest Review: When War Ends by Patricia Tomlin

Post by ladycraic »

Thanks for the review! Children's book or not, a good book is a good book! I’ll be asking this one to my shelf :) This seems like a lighthearted, fun read! I’m also lowkey excited to meet Bigfoot.
Mercelle
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 10262">The Wisdom and Peace of the Teachings of the Tao Te Ching</a>
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 204
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mercelle.html
Latest Review: The Future of Finance and Money by K. Braeden Anderson

Post by Mercelle »

Whenever I think of the existence of Bigfoot, I can't help but wonder why no one has ever seen the creature. I like that the author explains this mystery, and presents the book as a treasure trove for mystery hunters.
"The minimum requirement for a dream is a safe place to lay your head."
~OluTimehin Adegbeye
Ksharmilla
Currently Reading: Going Wild
Bookshelf Size: 52
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ksharmilla.html
Latest Review: McDowell by William H. Coles

Post by Ksharmilla »

Really great review. The book seems wonderful and I would love to continue reading it. I love the idea that Bigfoot is harmless. I have always thought of him as harmless anyway.
Quinto
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 704
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-quinto.html
Latest Review: The Longfellah's Son: An Almost True Irish Story by Michael Cassidy

Post by Quinto »

I think I like the thought of Sasquach and what it means in terms of having an adventure for the kids. The thought of it siding with those who do right is a key lesson to kids to keep discipline. Great review.
Sunnyroyish
Currently Reading: Journey of a Bedroom Poet
Bookshelf Size: 60
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sunnyroyish.html
Latest Review: Mythic Worlds and the One You Can Believe In by Harold Toliver

Post by Sunnyroyish »

The review of the book is interesting. The books revolves around the life of J. T. Meeks who is a believer in bigfoots. The book is definitely for kids but i'm interested as I love fiction. Congrats on BOTD.
Life is just a parenthesis in the vastness of infinity.
TheTrueNyree
Currently Reading: McDowell
Bookshelf Size: 77
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-thetruenyree.html
Latest Review: The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci by Belle Ami

Post by TheTrueNyree »

I can see how this can be an interesting book for young readers. It has adventure and is a story or friendship. Having "themes of fallible human nature, right and wrong, friendships, and respecting other species" is definitely good to have. In today's world it seems that people do not teach on respecting others as much as they should. I myself might even read this one.

Return to “Children's Books”